Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So. Right now I am totally stock. 70k miles. Pro4x suspension in mine. I have a knock in my right front when going over bumps. Smooth otherwise. My tires are wearing on the outer edge. All four but the front more so. No vibration in steering wheel. Only issue besides going over bumps is the super loud noise from the tires (imagine the chchchchchch of a train as it goes faster and faster).

I've taken it to two shops and both say it is within factory alignment specs and that everything in the front suspension is tight as a drum. They hear the noise but there is no play in the wheel bearings, ball joints, sway bar links, etc. No leaking from the shocks. Both feel the shocks are shot and that is causing the knock.

That being said, I have a few options and want some opinions. I am going to lift it soon. Should I do so now, with 5100s and say an AAL? But what if that doesn't fix it and I still have to go hunting? I'm out roughly $300.

Or should I just replace the shocks for $180 or so and go from there? But if that does fix the issue, then I have to lift it with spacers (and take the shock/spring assembly back off) and that would cost another $230.

So give me some opinions on how I should progress. Thanks in advance! (hopefully that all made sense)

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have bilstein 5100 with 10k miles and brand new nisstec AAl for $150+shipping if you want to go that route. with 70k miles there is a good chance the struts are going.

·
Registered
893 Posts

·
Registered
190 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for those links. I'll check in to both of them this weekend. We've got 6" of snow down now.

I'm taking it tomorrow to a 3rd shop that does lifts for a living. So they know suspensions inside and out. I'll mention both of these to him. They've done plenty of Equators and Frontiers over the years.

I'll keep updating as I find out more yes and no possibilities and for anyone else, I welcome all suggestions!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 4 of 4 Posts