Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, I never thought I would have anything good to say about Trophy Nissan (in Mesquite, Tx), but I just bought some splash guards there (for my 2010 King Cab) and the parts department guy I dealt with was great. They have the splash guards for $48 for front and the same for the rear. Other dealers were quoting me between $75 and $80 for the same thing. I still don't see myself buying a car there (WAY too high pressure for my taste) but the parts department is a different story.

Jim

·
Super Moderator
11,165 Posts
That's good to hear!
Remember one thing when going to buy a car they need your money more than you need their car, unless you have bad credit and they are the only one who can get you a loan.
Never play their games and YOU set the rules.
I've love to go with friends and negotiate for them. I've never been beat yet.

Clint

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
That is good to hear but I will never ever step foot back in that place. I bought one truck from them and hated them and then another and hated them even more. I priced another truck there awhile back and what they did that time was the last straw. I was buying parts from them but the last time I went in there they charged me 14 dollars for an oil filter that was 5 bucks. They really really know how to run off business and not make long term friends of customers.

Welcome to the club, its nice to have another Dallas in here. I was all alone except one other I think.

·
Registered
425 Posts
When I was looking for Frontiers, I stopped by there to see what they had because I was over on that side of the metroplex. It was a Saturday and I was immediately shuttled into their glass cubicle area. All I asked the guy was if they had any used 2nd gen's. Well, the sales guy wanted all of my info before even looking at the lot. Pretty much soured my experience when they didn't have anything remotely close to what I was looking for. There are way too many Nissan dealers around here for them to treat people like they do.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I agree with both of you guys about their sales side. I would buy a Ford before I bought a Nissan from them. This was the first time I had tried their parts department and was pleasantly surprised. Maybe I just hit them on a good day.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I live in garland and have visited there service dept quite a few times.
I’ve had good experiences with the parts an service dept. But the sales side not so much in both the used and new dept. Very pushy.
There was a cool looking pro 4X blacked out titan lifted with 20in. procomp rims looked cool to me an I just simply asked how much it was worth an bingo. I got sucked into the glass vortex of just a minute sir let me get some info an i’ll check.. Would you like to drive it...? NO...... I just wasn’t ready for all this I was getting my oil changed for FREE... yup FREE. With a facebook add an a print a e-flyer I got. Thank You Trophy NISSAN. I like there service dept. did I mention that. An I stood there when I should have walked off. I was really curious as too how much it was 54,390.00 I laughed when she told me that. She was seriously going to try as hard as she could to get me in that truck it was funny. She even stood that waiting patiently as I talked to my service guy like a vulture anyways that's my 2 cents.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Glad to hear you like their service department. Maybe I'll give them a shot. BTW, I'm in Garland also. I put Dallas my profile since I doubted anyone would know where Garland is.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Another Garlandite here. I find Trophy Nissan to be the biggest PITA dealership in DFW. I will travel to Courtesy anyday to get my parts. Not to mention they usually have it in stock.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts