Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
After searching the internet for a while trying to find a good solution how to install 2 more batteries for winching. And not finding anything, I made one myself. Here are some pictures of the project.

LEAB CDB 150 Battery isolator.
http://www.kamafritid.se/pdf/E31-24_Laddningsf%C3%B6rdelare.pdf

Connection of red lead for counter current/voltage to start up the alternator

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
Yeah, I think I'm the only guy in the states running dual batteries, and I cheated, as I put one in my truck box.

I think the aussie's have a few running duals, and they put them there as well :)

Nice work.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, I think I'm the only guy in the states running dual batteries, and I cheated, as I put one in my truck box.

I think the aussie's have a few running duals, and they put them there as well :)

Nice work.
Yes I have seen them mounted in the truck box / toolbox. But my toolbox is filled up with my winch, tools, straps and other recovery-stuff.
So I had to come up with another solution. :)

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Nice work. I would put a cover over the battery terminals.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice work. I would put a cover over the battery terminals.
Thanks! :) The plan is to make a cover in Lexan in the near future

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Looks Good, Did You Use Your Winch To Winch The Batteries Up In Place.......:)

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

·
Registered
195 Posts
Beautiful work. Looks like a great place to put them up and out of the way. A hint you may want to try for safety's sake. On the clevis pin, make sure it is very tight and either bung the threaded end with a hammer or run a wire through the flat end to keep it from coming loose/apart. I have seen those things come apart at the worst possible times in boating/trailering. NOT a pretty sight. Mike

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 · (Edited)
Beautiful work. Looks like a great place to put them up and out of the way. A hint you may want to try for safety's sake. On the clevis pin, make sure it is very tight and either bung the threaded end with a hammer or run a wire through the flat end to keep it from coming loose/apart. I have seen those things come apart at the worst possible times in boating/trailering. NOT a pretty sight. Mike
I have already done that. I did it the day after i took the pictures.
But thanks anyway. It is important to secure the clevis pin. I also used "Loctite" on the threads.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts