Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone here haws the MPG distantance to empty counter on there 05.. i have an SE Crew cab, and the dealar told me it is supposed to have it but when i cycle through the trip computer i get only A/B and not MPG ot Dist... is this option only on the LE/Nismo or is it just a computer thing that i can have changed?

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
Trip computer

My '05 selection guide shows that the multi-function trip computer comes on the LE
and Nismo, not on the SE.

OkieScot

·
Registered
211 Posts
If you mean DTE , then yes I have it. The low warning light comes on with a little over 2 gallons left in the tank.

·
Registered
28 Posts
:damn: I also have a a 06 SE 4x4 V6. I cant seem to find the damn thing in my trip computer display. I guess it MPG and DTE display isnt available on SE's. Too Bad for us dude, i guess will have to do it manually.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
In 05 and 06 it was standard equipment on the NISMO and LE, I'm not sure if that holds true for 2007. Another reason I went with the NISMO over the SE.

·
Registered
8,742 Posts
Yeah it seems with Gen2 that SE is now considered the "low end" .... Great.

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
well I have the 05 Nismo and it shows DTE and MPG, but my empty light comes on around ... 1.5 gallons? or so. Does anybody know how big the emergency reserve is for the frontiers?

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
i estimate mine to be around 2 gallons han, i think all SE's just have the two trip computers, LE's and Nismo's have the full blown driver info center...

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
i think somebody already tried this and got as much as 45 miles. so if you get an average of 15 miles to the gallon that should be around 3 gallons left in the tank. although it all depends on your driving style too.

·
Registered
4,478 Posts
All the more reason to get in on that Scangauge group buy, cause your computer supports it, you just don't have the readout for it.

·
Registered
2,552 Posts
The '07 Frontier brochure still shows only the LE and Nismo
getting the multi functional trip computer.

If the SE is low end then low end isn't all that bad. You may miss out on a few items, but you don't end up with some things you don't want just to get the LE or Nismo.

You also have enough money left over you can get a good start on your modifications. Don't fret, just enjoy your great truck.

OkieScot

·
Registered
391 Posts
SE is one step above low end. XE is the low end, a stripped down 4 cyl. I don't think you can get a CC 4 cyl, so the CC's start with the SE. Although I did start seeing 07 crew cabs with steel wheels.

·
Registered
1,134 Posts
Got the NISMO, display shows the DTE.
WW

·
Registered
17,538 Posts
Kalikikopa said:
SE is one step above low end. XE is the low end, a stripped down 4 cyl. I don't think you can get a CC 4 cyl, so the CC's start with the SE. Although I did start seeing 07 crew cabs with steel wheels.
all XE's are still 4 bangers, SE's now come with steel wheels with a "SE Appearance package" to get the alloys and a few other things. all CC's are v6's meaning they are SE's or higher. all long bed CC's are either SE or LE, no Nismo's (yet)

·
Registered
396 Posts
HKYStormFront said:
all XE's are still 4 bangers, SE's now come with steel wheels with a "SE Appearance package" to get the alloys and a few other things. all CC's are v6's meaning they are SE's or higher. all long bed CC's are either SE or LE, no Nismo's (yet)
does the "yet" mean you've heard something about CC LB Nismo's coming out? if so, that would surprise me. at first i was surprised that nissan wasn't coming out with the nismo's in the LB for '07, but then after thinking about it for all of 5 seconds i realized it makes sense. an extra 14" long wheelbase would be terrible offroad, and since they're trying to target the "offroad" consumer with the nismo it stands to reason that they aren't going to manufacture the nismo in a long bed version. so if you've heard something to the contrary, i'm kind of surprised and wondering where you heard it?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts