Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am trying to remove the trim around the head unit to run wires for my sirius radio down behind the dash and am worried im breaking the trim piece. Ive read in other posts to pull above the power outlets which i did, however it seems like the trim is being held above the HU where the storage tray is. Are there clips on the storage tray that just pull out? I dont want to break anything on the new truck.

Thanks,

·
Premium Member
4,635 Posts
On my 05 you have to snap the top tray off above the radio. It has a clip in each of the 4 corners. That will expose a screw you have to take out and then the rest will pop out w/out much trouble.

·
Registered
145 Posts
i too have an 06
and like Bwarren sed
u jus pop out the top tray
unscrew the screw thats there and most of it should pop right out...
and uhh jus s suggestion if ur gonna pull out the pluggs disconnect the NEG on batt before doing anything... because if u disconnect the air bag censor u will have the air bag light blink to all hell on ur gauge cluster...

but yea after u get the top off there should be room to shuve the wire thru to the side of the power outlet.
hope dis helps a lil
P's

·
Registered
82 Posts
I second the neg battery terminal, cost me $90 to reflash the computer.

After you take the scews out of the top, grab the bottom of the tim right above the cig lighter plugs and pull.

·
Registered
224 Posts
GoGoBoi said:
i too have an 06
and like Bwarren sed
u jus pop out the top tray
unscrew the screw thats there and most of it should pop right out...
and uhh jus s suggestion if ur gonna pull out the pluggs disconnect the NEG on batt before doing anything... because if u disconnect the air bag censor u will have the air bag light blink to all hell on ur gauge cluster...

but yea after u get the top off there should be room to shuve the wire thru to the side of the power outlet.
hope dis helps a lil
P's
it doesnt matter if the negative cable is off, just make sure your ignition switch is off position and before turning it on make sure the occupant sensor connector is plugged back on...

·
Registered
1 Posts
There is a cool trick get the airbag light to go off...

(2001 and older)
1. Open front door LH.
2. Turn ignition switch ON.
3. Press front door switch LH at least 5 times within 7 seconds
after turning ignition switch ON.
SRS is now in Diagnosis mode.
4. “AIR BAG” warning lamp operates in Diagnosis mode

OR: (2002 to 2005)
1. Turn ignition switch “ON”.
2. After “AIR BAG” warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn ignition
switch “OFF” within 1 second. Remove key.
3. Wait more than 3 seconds.
4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 three times.
5. Turn ignition switch “ON”.
SRS is now in Diagnosis mode.
6. “AIR BAG” warning lamp operates in Diagnosis mode

Note the pattern of the blinking (X long blinks followed by Y short blinks) and the number of short blinks will indicate what it is complaining about:
1 is the driver's seatbelt pre-tensioner
2 is the driver airbag
3 is the passenger seatbelt pre-tensioner
6 is the crash zone sensor on the radiator support
7 is the airbag diagnosis sensor
8 is the passenger airbag
9 is the passenger airbag deactivation switch

it works, but it might take you a time or two.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
You guys are awesome...easily got the trim off and ran my wires behind. Pics to follow...thanks again.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts