Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey just wondering if anyone has the trifecta 2.0 with the short bed? Just tried to install and had no luck with closing the tailgate. Seems like the only way to possibly do it would be to ram the cover against the bulkhead and I really didnt want that as an option so removed it before even trying. I only had about an 1/8 of an inch space between top and cab and the clips were already rubbing the cab. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I know it's a new design so there may not be anyone whose tried it yet. Thanks in advance

·
Registered
77 Posts
Hey just wondering if anyone has the trifecta 2.0 with the short bed? Just tried to install and had no luck with closing the tailgate. Seems like the only way to possibly do it would be to ram the cover against the bulkhead and I really didnt want that as an option so removed it before even trying. I only had about an 1/8 of an inch space between top and cab and the clips were already rubbing the cab. Just wondering if anyone else has had this issue. I know it's a new design so there may not be anyone whose tried it yet. Thanks in advance

I've had the Trifecta 2.0 for about 3 months on my. '17 CC short bed. The cover and tailgate spoiler fit snugly. I like the snug fit because it quiets the tailgate a bit and does a doesn't job keeping dust and dirt out of the bed. It might have loosened up a bit with time. However, I did initially install it too far forward. The clips scratched up the back of my cab in a pretty bad way : ( Subsequently, I moved it about a 1/2 inch towards the back. I also placed felt stickers on the cab behind the clips. I did this to cover the old scratches and prevent new ones. Other than that snafu, I've been really happy with the cover. But, it's my first, so nothing to compare it to. I got the Signature series with canvas cover and love the look.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah, i plan on putting something to prevent the clip rub if i keep it. But with that being said, i don't think moving it back would help with the cloaking, but I'll give it a shot. I do know it's already just making contact with the bulkhead weather seal, if I move it back to rear, it will leave front more vulnerable to leaking and dust. Thanks for you're feedback!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts