Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any good close-up photos of what lies beneath the wiper cowl on the passenger side? Specifically, I'm looking to find out if the bracket holding the antenba is moddable or removable. I want to ditch my AM/FM antenna and put in a good strong CB antenna bracket and stud. (Don't worry I'm going to run an AM/FM wire inside the a-pillar, not that I'll ever use it.)

I'm hoping there's an existing bracket, but I'll fab something if I have to. I'd just like to know what I'm looking at tearing into first. The cowl comes off soon anyway, as will my bedrail and tailgate covers for bedline treatment.

·
Premium Member
785 Posts

·
Registered
741 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Raine installed a CB antenna in his factory antenna location. IIRC, he had to fabricate a bracket for the install.

Edit: I found it in his build thread. Post #80 & #95.

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f103/raine-s-2014-4x4-keira-build-thread-218506/index8.html
Wow. Holy cow. That's exactly what I was looking for (and planning on)

I may fab a thicker bracket instead of the custom molding he did later on. We shall see. I, like another poster on that thread, also am thinking of doing drivers side instead. Should be interesting.

Thanks for the link! CF rocks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts