Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cool. I couldn't find them when I ran a search so I didn't know if anyone had experience with them.

·
Registered
8,525 Posts
Re-treads are only good for rear tires and that is still a stretch. This is why truckers are only allowed to use them on the rear and on the trailers.

In the end thou, remember that truckers have 8 tires on the rear of their tractors and then another 8 on the trailers so if 1 blows, they still have the other 7. On your truck, if 1 blows, you only have 1 left and you may not be able to come to a safe stop.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Good points on the road gators and I did not think about the xtra tires on the tractors.

So, has anyone used re-treads on their Fronty? I'm still looking for 1st hand reports if there are any.

·
Registered
706 Posts
I knew a guy that used retreads on his race car. He liked them.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I used them on my old Isuzu rodeo with no issues a couple years ago. They took a lot of weight to balance, but they were great for me.

Dan

·
Registered
637 Posts
A lot of people were getting these over on the Cherokee forum. All seemed to like them and didnt have any issues with the tread seperating.

Would I put them on my $2000 Cherokee? Sure. Would I put them on my $20k Frontier? Probably not.

·
Registered
3,874 Posts
I used to run them on my old mazda pickup..... They were fine and I never had an issue other than the fact that they were hard to ballance and had lower speed ratings...

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
You know, A best case senario is you get what you pay for. NEVER more. Keep that in mind. I try and cut corners here and there to save money, but my 4 year old son is riding in the back seat. I will NEVER jeopardize his safty to safe a couple of dollars. But hey, thats just me.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts