Nissan Frontier Forum banner

TRD offroad FJC rims

5K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  Frijolero 
#1 ·
#2 ·
those are badd a$$

#3 ·
i'd do it but you need aftermarket lugs or you WILL have a wheel pass you on the road. every one that I know that runs or ran toyota wheels with nissan lugs has lost a wheel. The boars for the toyota lugs are a little larger allowing the wheel to move on the studs

#6 ·
what you mean by aftermarket? when i bought my steelies, they came with a set of different chrome lugs, is that what you mean?

#4 ·
i think they look great, but i don't think painting them gunmetal would really fit with your black/white paint scheme.

#5 ·
Do it. Do it now.

#7 ·
Just use the lugs you have now or Toyota lugs with the flat spacer thingamajig. The acorn portion is the same on both vehicles I can can testify being that I have swapped FJ wheels to my truck and back just to check it out. I saw some for sale here and considered throwing my eagle alloys on the FJ and getting those. I think they would look great no matter what color you go with.

Do it... and I would really like to see white wheels on your fronterra.

#10 ·
i think what irongrave is saying is that you may need stud centering lugs. they have a pointed tips that center the mounting holes on the studs when cross tightened correctly. similar to the lug pictured below.

#15 ·
those look weird

and doesnt frontier use different pitch/thread?

#17 ·
#20 · (Edited)
AWESOME

haha well i need to run wheel spacers anyway, so im gonna get the hubcentric wheel spacers from trail gear

i spoke with the gal from gorilla, the toyota mag style lugs are .725 wide at the base versus the short mag lugs i could get in 12X1.25 (for nissan studs) at .683... so without a hubcentric wheel spacer, the wheel would be loose

in this case its not possible to run a TRD rim with acorn nuts... it wouldnt be able to grab it

#22 ·
#24 ·
no wayyyyy, i dont have billet available haha

#25 · (Edited)
If you were willing to put in the time and effort Im sure there has got to me some sort of metal supply warehouse somewhere near buffalo and I'm damn sure you'll spend less on materials then buying from allpro... might take you a few days of machine work though.

NVRMND!!!! I wouldn't even touch the lathe for those... staight CNC with one flip of the part.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.