Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
923 Posts
those are badd a$$

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
i'd do it but you need aftermarket lugs or you WILL have a wheel pass you on the road. every one that I know that runs or ran toyota wheels with nissan lugs has lost a wheel. The boars for the toyota lugs are a little larger allowing the wheel to move on the studs

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i think they look great, but i don't think painting them gunmetal would really fit with your black/white paint scheme.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Do it. Do it now.

welp, someone local has a set of these for semi cheap, there pretty badass and their 6X5.5 bolt pattern and same backspace as stock nissan rims

i think theyd look titties

i need opinions

FS: FJ trd wheels NIB 16's se gunmetel grey from cali. - Tacoma World Forums

thats the color id paint them, but the real wheel looks like this (only difference is being silver vs. gunmetal):

2007 Toyota FJ-Cruiser TRD-Special-Edition Wheel - OEM Replacement # ALY99337U | WheelsAndCaps.com

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i'd do it but you need aftermarket lugs or you WILL have a wheel pass you on the road. every one that I know that runs or ran toyota wheels with nissan lugs has lost a wheel. The boars for the toyota lugs are a little larger allowing the wheel to move on the studs
what you mean by aftermarket? when i bought my steelies, they came with a set of different chrome lugs, is that what you mean?

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
Just use the lugs you have now or Toyota lugs with the flat spacer thingamajig. The acorn portion is the same on both vehicles I can can testify being that I have swapped FJ wheels to my truck and back just to check it out. I saw some for sale here and considered throwing my eagle alloys on the FJ and getting those. I think they would look great no matter what color you go with.

Do it... and I would really like to see white wheels on your fronterra.

·
Registered
1,149 Posts
They look pretty damn sweet...

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
what you mean by aftermarket? when i bought my steelies, they came with a set of different chrome lugs, is that what you mean?
those should work, just make sure there is no slop with the wheel on the studs

·
Registered
12,584 Posts
i think what irongrave is saying is that you may need stud centering lugs. they have a pointed tips that center the mounting holes on the studs when cross tightened correctly. similar to the lug pictured below.

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
^ I have always had those on my truck...?

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
i think what irongrave is saying is that you may need stud centering lugs. they have a pointed tips that center the mounting holes on the studs when cross tightened correctly. similar to the lug pictured below.
thanks beef that was what i was saying or at least trying to say

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
yeah, ive always had those too, even the stock lugs i took off

gen 1 is lugcentric, not hub, so itd need those to center the rim

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
those look weird

and doesnt frontier use different pitch/thread?

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

·
Premium Member
4,117 Posts
So I couldn't really stick my caliper in the wheel to measure the bore but how is this for the next best thing.

·
Registered
16,551 Posts
you can run a hub centric wheel on a lug centric truck, its the other way around that doesn't work well

·
Registered
2,492 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
AWESOME

haha well i need to run wheel spacers anyway, so im gonna get the hubcentric wheel spacers from trail gear

i spoke with the gal from gorilla, the toyota mag style lugs are .725 wide at the base versus the short mag lugs i could get in 12X1.25 (for nissan studs) at .683... so without a hubcentric wheel spacer, the wheel would be loose

in this case its not possible to run a TRD rim with acorn nuts... it wouldnt be able to grab it

1 - 20 of 25 Posts