Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This has happened a few times now and I'm not sure if it's normal. My truck has 22k on it. Sometimes when I'm driving, I hit the gas and the truck refuses to move. It feels as if the parking brake is on when it's not. Only happens after the truck has stopped. Yesterday, I was coming up to a stop light. I stopped fully on an incline. I left the transmission in drive, no parking brake. When the light turned green, I hit the gas but the truck didn't move. I gave it a little more gas and nothing. Finally I felt something engage and the truck bucked forward a little. I've never experienced this on any other vehicles I've ever owned. Thoughts.

·
Premium Member
7,123 Posts
Checked tranny fluid level?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I would take it to a mechanic (dealer). Hopefully they can replicate the problem and fix it.

Something is not correct. One reason I liked the Frontier over the Toyota or GMC twins. Vehicles are getting way to much computer controlled features all in the name of safety. imo, it is just adding to more things that could go wrong.

·
Registered
73 Posts
If you got warranty still left, I would take it in. Armchair guess on what is described, you have something going on with the torque converter and/or fluid pump to it, especially if you are not throwing codes.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still have warranty left. I'm bringing it in later this week.

Transmission fluid is good.

I doubt they will be able to replicate it as it's only happened about 5 or 6 times since I bought it......

·
Super Moderator
11,248 Posts
Hill assist switch is by your left knee, is it on?

·
Registered
239 Posts
Just checked. Hill assist button was not pressed in.
What you checked was the hill decent button. It helps when driving down a steep grade at very low speed.

The Hill Start assist is a completely different operation. It keeps the vehicle from rolling rearward when starting from a stopped position going UP a steep grade. It is obviously more useful with a manual trans. As far as I know there is no button to engage or disengage this feature.

I have had it activate on my '12 SV a couple of times after backing out of my driveway (which is a steep grade) onto the flat street. Apparently it takes the sensor a few seconds to realize it is no longer on the grade.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What you checked was the hill decent button. It helps when driving down a steep grade at very low speed.

The Hill Start assist is a completely different operation. It keeps the vehicle from rolling rearward when starting from a stopped position going UP a steep grade. It is obviously more useful with a manual trans. As far as I know there is no button to engage or disengage this feature.

I have had it activate on my '12 SV a couple of times after backing out of my driveway (which is a steep grade) onto the flat street. Apparently it takes the sensor a few seconds to realize it is no longer on the grade.
Thanks for the info. So do you believe what I experienced was normal?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts