Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
we don't have one right? watching a video right now

and he mentions the dipstick. most modern cars come with "lifetime trans fluid" not saying I'm going that route but one of the reasons most new cars don't have a trans dipstick is to avoid the morons thinking they should just add fluid to it.

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Holy crap. Delete this post, we do have a dip stick. Haven't see that in a long time. Nice

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Have you found the hood release yet?
cute, but which cars/trucks actually have a transmission dipstick anymore? Even though this truck is old, 2005 isn't that long ago, my 2002 VW had no dipstick, most cars/trucks don't.

I bet the f150 got rid of it by now too

·
Registered
544 Posts
cute, but which cars/trucks actually have a transmission dipstick anymore? Even though this truck is old, 2005 isn't that long ago, my 2002 VW had no dipstick, most cars/trucks don't.

I bet the f150 got rid of it by now too
Sorry I couldn't help but take that jab...

When we purchased our 2013 Hyundai Santa Fe it was the first vehicle we had purchased since 2007 which was also a Santa Fe. The 07 had a transmission dipstick and the 13 did not and I was astounded that the dipstick had been omitted. I was happy to see a dipstick on the Frontier an odd one but least its there...

·
Registered
994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yea don't get me wrong I'm shocked its there and happy. Also happy its locked in place with that metal tab, no easy to just pull out :)

·
Registered
329 Posts
lifetime fluids mean until warranty is OUT!!! then you are SOL!! some vehicles today have no tranny dipstick but theres always a way to check!! if you DIY tranny fluid start early say 50,000 as you only get part of it out, a lot stays in the converter, but changing via machine if possible replaces it ALL, good insurance for those that keep their rides a long time!!! towing etc of course is harder on it, so shorter change intervals is best IMO

·
Super Moderator
11,290 Posts
Sorry, I wouldn’t use him as an advisor, he spilled enough that he’d be up to the four quart mark. He should have made sure there was zero oil in the pan prior to draining the pan. Go to a garden center or look on amazon and you can find a 128 ounce marked pitcher to get the exact number drained. While at it wear rubber gloves and don’t make a mess like him. I can change my oil and not leave any remnants on the ground. One other point he doesn’t say or isn’t aware of is the pan only holds approximately one third of total fluid, the rest is in the torque converter and the radiator and extra trans cooler.
I’d drain and fill three oil changes in a row every 30,000 miles.

Clint

1 - 9 of 9 Posts