Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this thread already exists...
Just bought an 05 SE 4x4, so far I’m loving it! My buddy sent me this link and I’ve talked to my brother-in-law/ mechanic who verified this is a problem.
Mechanic suggested an aftermarket T-cooler to replace the stock one. He also recommends a TC that is “overboard” for the truck (rated for a heaver truck or one with a towing package)
Has anyone had any luck with this? If so what kind and were did you buy it? Sounds like a simple pre-emptive fix to a major problem.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
2,384 Posts
Just bought an 05 SE 4x4, so far I’m loving it! My buddy sent me this link and I’ve talked to my brother-in-law/ mechanic who verified this is a problem.
Mechanic suggested an aftermarket T-cooler to replace the stock one. He also recommends a TC that is “overboard” for the truck (rated for a heaver truck or one with a towing package)
Has anyone had any luck with this? If so what kind and were did you buy it? Sounds like a simple pre-emptive fix to a major problem.
Does your truck not also have an auxiliary cooler?

·
Registered
3,168 Posts
The problem was only an issue on the original, factory-installed radiators, but not on any of the aftermarket units. You can get an aftermarket radiator from Rockauto for less than $100, replace it and be done with it. In the meantime, you can just switch some trans cooler hoses and bypass the radiator's integral cool and utilize just the factory-installed, auxiliary cooler. No need to go overboard with larger coolers.

Reactions: MiniDuti

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
The exterior cooler is not the problem, it’s the one in your original radiator that creates a problem. You need to get that one taken care of ASAP.. if it hasn’t already been done!

·
Registered
968 Posts
^^what smj said, the oem trans oil cooling system (if properly maintained) is well engineered an way more adequate than any Rube Goldberg set-up you can buy, Don't waste your money just take care of the system thats in there now.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts