Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone notice that after you come to a full stop there is this very noticeable clunk or thud that happens one second after the truck is fully stopped. The sound comes from underneath somewhere and you can hear it but I don’t feel any vibration or kick, it’s only audible. Not sure if there is something wrong with my truck specifically or you guys all have that. I don’t notice any irregularity in the behavior of the transmission other than the clunk/thud sound it makes. Doesn’t happen at every stop but I reckon about 50% of the time I hear it.

·
Registered
2022 Frontier SV 4X4
411 Posts
That sounds like it could be something loose. As dumb as it may sound, make sure you don't have something in a door pocket, in the bed or under the seats that is moving around. Also check to make sure the spare tire isn't hanging loose. I have heard strange noises riding in a truck when the spare wasn't lifted all the way up and tight against the frame. My truck is very silent when stopping or braking.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That sounds like it could be something loose. As dumb as it may sound, make sure you don't have something in a door pocket, in the bed or under the seats that is moving around. Also check to make sure the spare tire isn't hanging loose. I have heard strange noises riding in a truck when the spare wasn't lifted all the way up and tight against the frame. My truck is very silent when stopping or braking.
I was thinking the same since I have a couple of items underneath the back seat but I removed everything and still have the same clunk. I’m 99% certain it’s coming from underneath the truck and not in the cabin. I have a service appointment so I’ll have the dealer check it out and update what they find or don’t find.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had an old 68 Chevy Panel truck that had this mysterious noise up front when I stopped and again when I took off. One day I had to pull my radiator and lo and behold there was a 9/16 deep socket in the 4" wide channel under the radiator! It rolled forward clunk! Then it rolled backward clunk!

·
Registered
464 Posts
Similar thread on older Frontier, but lots of good info (y)

·
Registered
2022 Frontier S CC 4x4
27 Posts
Anyone notice that after you come to a full stop there is this very noticeable clunk or thud that happens one second after the truck is fully stopped. The sound comes from underneath somewhere and you can hear it but I don’t feel any vibration or kick, it’s only audible. Not sure if there is something wrong with my truck specifically or you guys all have that. I don’t notice any irregularity in the behavior of the transmission other than the clunk/thud sound it makes. Doesn’t happen at every stop but I reckon about 50% of the time I hear it.
This happens on mine and I thought maybe it was shifting into the lowest gear after I was already stopped. I feel a slight thud, but it doesn’t happen all the time. My stepbrothers 22 does the same thing.

Will have to look into the U-joint.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
This happens on mine and I thought maybe it was shifting into the lowest gear after I was already stopped. I feel a slight thud, but it doesn’t happen all the time. My stepbrothers 22 does the same thing.

Will have to look into the U-joint.
Do you feel it or hear it? I only hear it but don’t feel anything

1 - 10 of 10 Posts