Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The auto trans in my 04 Frontier V6 4x4 is starting to show signs of wear so I want to be ready when it fails. I have access to a 5 spd manual trans out of an 03 frontier V6 4x4 plus the clutch assembly. I've heard the manual trans will mate up to the transfer case in my truck but I'd like to confirm. Has anybody mated a 5 spd to a transfer case from an auto trans?

Thanks for your help

·
Registered
672 Posts
The auto trans in my 04 Frontier V6 4x4 is starting to show signs of wear so I want to be ready when it fails. I have access to a 5 spd manual trans out of an 03 frontier V6 4x4 plus the clutch assembly. I've heard the manual trans will mate up to the transfer case in my truck but I'd like to confirm. Has anybody mated a 5 spd to a transfer case from an auto trans?

Thanks for your help
33100-ZD310 should what you have in there right now and the 03 transfer assy 33100-ZD300 there is something different on them but what it is don't know. We just did the same to are shop truck that we take to GONE moab 2000 frontier auto to manual and it was a pain, most of the parts we had to get from junk yards since half of the parts are no longer available form Nissan (I work for Nissan) and make are own clutch piping. But we did not change the T-Case and it mounted right up. Now for the bad you will have a check engine light you will have to change the wiring harness and the ECU to correct it.
Best of luck to you.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.