Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So lately my tranny going from R to Drive has been a little less smooth than i have been used to. I checked the tranny and i feel liquid in the notches on the hot side(which by the way is the worst tranny dipstick ever) 1) are my levels ok? 2) the tranny liquid is very clear with a barley noticable red tint, and difficult to see as compared to the oil dipstick is this normal? In the past on my chevy dipstick they were very cherry in color. 3) With only 20,000 miles on this should i be worried? I have only taken it off road maybe once or twice and truck is pretty much babied. Thanks for any help.

·
Registered
193 Posts
did the same thing today.mine has 60000 miles or so on it.same as you said looked clear not red.no problems with the tranny just checking the level.and ya dip stick is a peice of sh t.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Always check for an adam's apple and you can avoid that mistake.
Oh crap... sorry, wrong kind of tranny help.
haha funny.

did the same thing today.mine has 60000 miles or so on it.same as you said looked clear not red.no problems with the tranny just checking the level.and ya dip stick is a peice of sh t.
did yours seem to just barley have a then layer over the dipstick? Tranny fluid didn't seem to thick

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.