Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was reading on here about the 78" Trailgear sliders, however it seems that everyone orders them without the gussets. Anyone know if it would be possible to order the ones with the gusset's already welded up? They are only $100 more and would save a lot of work (and money for those that dont know how to weld:confused: )

Trail-Gear Inc > Tacoma Rock Sliders

·
Registered
35 Posts
Trail gear doesn't do frontier specific sliders, so unlike the tacoma or FJ ones that can come premade, they don't do it. You can always call them and ask but I dunno. Just hook up with someone on the forum who is local maybe they can give you a hand. Thats what I did, thanks John! Another thing I bought the 78" for my 00 CC and they don't leave a lot of room up near the front or out back near the tires, you might be better off going with the next size smaller. Plus the 78" come with 4 legs a side, but I dunno if we can fit 4 on the frame per side. 3 no problem, 4 hmmm. I'm still working out what to do with mine.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
You have to weld trhem up your self. No way around it if you plan to use there sliders. The ones with the gussets welded on also have teh mounting plates welded on (this is what the gusset is welded to) are designed for a different truck so they would not line up with your truck. The angles, lengths, etc. would not be right.

You have to buy them and cut the support legs down to the right length and weld them up to some mounting plates.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts