Nissan Frontier Forum banner
101 - 119 of 119 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
I am still a bit confused on how it took this long to fix it. My very first post in this thread suggested a bad BCM but the response was that the BCM wasn’t bad and the dealer couldn’t figure it out. What changed between then and now?

·
Registered
2018 Frontier 2wd king cab
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #106 ·
There where others that said it was highly unlikely it was a bad bcm. The first dealer did pretty much nothing the 2nd dealer didn't have the correct software, and the 3rd dealer found it. Which I think the last dealer found it by accident checking for updates. They all wanted to old school the fuses wiring and relays. It's like they dread hooking a vehicle up for a proper diagnostic check. Which the first dealer I was scheduled for a diagnostic but they never did hook it up. They just poked around in the tow wiring and checked the fuses, etc. You know like that hadn't already been checked a dozen times by me. The dealer's here are pretty much worthless unless you need a oil change, etc. But I am glad it is finally fixed $1183

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #107 ·
Which of that our extended warranty paid all but $161.18 and some of the $161.18 was also for a oil change. The extended warranty we bought has a $100 deductible.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
I am still a bit confused on how it took this long to fix it. My very first post in this thread suggested a bad BCM but the response was that the BCM wasn’t bad and the dealer couldn’t figure it out. What changed between then and now?
I do Thank you for your input 👍 the dealer's just failed to check it early on.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #109 ·
I have been in Oldsmobile, Chevrolet, etc since 1987 so jumping to Nissan in 2020 is a whole new thing. I guess I'm a greenhorn in knowing anything about Nissan.😂

·
Premium Member
1,236 Posts
There where others that said it was highly unlikely it was a bad bcm. The first dealer did pretty much nothing the 2nd dealer didn't have the correct software, and the 3rd dealer found it. Which I think the last dealer found it by accident checking for updates. They all wanted to old school the fuses wiring and relays. It's like they dread hooking a vehicle up for a proper diagnostic check. Which the first dealer I was scheduled for a diagnostic but they never did hook it up. They just poked around in the tow wiring and checked the fuses, etc. You know like that hadn't already been checked a dozen times by me. The dealer's here are pretty much worthless unless you need a oil change, etc. But I am glad it is finally fixed $1183
Yeah I’m not trying to be a know it all or anything like that, it was just a logical guess since everything else worked so it was the only thing I could determine might be bad. But then it was said that was checked and not bad….makes sense, was a dealer mistake I guess. It happens. Sucks it took so long but at least it’s fixed or in the process.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #111 ·
I suspect it was a old bass boat we bought the wiring for the lights on it was pretty bad. It had the old incandescent bulbs and 1 of the tips was burnt off the driver's side on the boat trailer light. Maybe maybe not.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #112 ·
Thinking of buying a set of those wireless trailer lights that stick on with magnets. You think that's a good or bad idea? It would separate the truck and trailer with having to actually connect them together.

Blazer International C6304 LED Wireless Magnetic Trailer Towing Light Kit https://a.co/d/ffyluJx

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #115 ·
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: See my post #63 in this thread from last October... I feel better now...
They didn't check the bcm I mentioned exactly what you said to the first dealer I took it to. They just failed to check it the 2nd dealer in Cookeville TN didn't check the bcm either. The dealer's here where we live aren't very keen on much. Except charging you for stuff or trying to sell something. They said I needed the kick panel harness but didn't bother to check that it was already on the truck. That's the stupid crap the dealer's do here. If they would have run the diagnostic test to begin with it would have been fixed last year.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
I say this because it takes weeks sometimes months to get a appointment with the dealers for tech or mechanical issues here.

101 - 119 of 119 Posts