Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the person who owned my truck before me randomly cut into the wiring behind the hitch to the factory 7 pin plug and removed the original connectors used to connect the truck harness to the 7 pin trailer plug. It was a bunch of little splices, electrical tape and an added brake controller wire for no reason it seems other than the wire into the factory harness broke under the dashboard and was easily repaired....

So I removed all the bad splices, the added brake controller wire and re spliced everything together with new heat shrink but connectors and made it look good. Issue was that while the colored wires from the hitch connector are a standard color code the wires coming from the harness are not. I searched the forum and didn't find a color code for the truck harness so I got out my meter and went through every function and figured it out. Thought I would post it here in case it's helpful for anyone else.

Truck Color Function Trailer Connector Color
Black. Ground white
Big Purple. Charge. Red
Little Purple. Left. Yellow
Little Green. Right. Green
Red. Tail Lamp. Brown
Yellow. Backup. Black
Big Brown. Ele Brakes. Blue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
3,411 Posts
So I removed all the bad splices, the added brake controller wire and re spliced everything together with new heat shrink butt connectors and made it look good.
Myself: I would've soldered those wires, and used heat-shrink tubing.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Properly crimped especially using heat shrink type connectors I sealed with a heat gun I feel like it's an either or situation for this

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 3 of 3 Posts