Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

So I've got kind of a weird one. Last week I left my truck and trailer parked at a boat launch and came back to find one of my tail lights had gotten obliterated by another driver while I was on the water. I cleaned up the loose debris and drove home without giving it too much thought. Jump to today and I replaced the light unit with a brand new one of similar design and come to find that my brake lights and blinkers on both sides no longer work on the trailer. If I turn my headlights on, I do get running lights on the trailer. I have one of those little tester dongles and when I used that it gave me the same basic results. Running lights but no blinkers or brake light functionality. I'm wondering if t's possible that something got shorted when the light was smashed and maybe I blew a fuse driving home? I'm hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I remember looking through the fuses once before on a trailer light issue and found them to be a little bewildering. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you

·
Registered
231 Posts
I'm searching the forums for the exact opposite problem. I was pulling my boat home tonight and after the trailer nailed a pretty gnarly pot hole I only have brake, hazard, and turn. No running lights. I am searching now. I'll keep this thread open in a new tab to see what I find.

But in the mean time. This thread is about 3 weeks old, have you resolved your issue? It was late by the time I got back so I have not investigated yet but I'm suspecting a fuse.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Ok according to a bunch of threads, and I can link them if you still need them, it's just a fuse. Depending on where in the chain or what the issue is, it'll either be under the dash by on the drivers side or under the hood in one of those two fuse boxes. I'll have to wait until morning to check mine. I had this happen a while back with this same trailer several years ago and it ended up just blowing a fuse in the truck.

·
Registered
741 Posts
Under hood. F7 or F10, I forget which.

You've probably also lost the dash lights for AC and radio controls.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
My fuse was indeed under hood. I'd have to look again to see which one exactly, but it turned out to be pretty easy to figure out and I haven't had any problems at all since.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Found my issue, blown fuse in position F4. I also just realized I'm out of 10 amp fuses in my fuse kit. I need to buy more, and I may as well get a circuit/light tester while I'm at it.

·
Registered
231 Posts
And of course now it's time to comb through the trailer wiring and find either the rusty ground or the exposed wire that caused me to blow the fuse when the trailer got jarred by the pot hole -_-

1 - 7 of 7 Posts