Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if anyone makes a plug-in trailer wire hook-up and who sells it? I looked in a few stores and could not find anything.

If not does anyone know what color wire in the taillights I need to connect to which color wire?

·
Registered
182 Posts
If you already have the hitch...

All you need is the adaptor for the right wiring prongs...I bought my 7 pin adaptor from Walmart.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: If you already have the hitch...

SilverSE05 said:
All you need is the adaptor for the right wiring prongs...I bought my 7 pin adaptor from Walmart.
What do you mean by the right wiring prongs?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Are you wanting to install the trailer wiring or do you have the factiry hitch and connector and just need a converter that changes the round 7 pin factory plug to a standard 4 pin plug? If you are just looking for the converter, any place that sells/rents trailers should have them, I got mine from U-Haul when I rented a trailer. If you have the factory 7 pin connector, the pins are marked on the flip up cover as to which pin correspondes whith which lights, and the the wires on the back of the connector go straight through, so whatever position is listed on the flip up cover for the light you're looking for, just look directly behind the connector for the corresponding wire. I don't think the cover lists the wire color, just what it supplies power to. Hope this helps a bit...

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I have no factory hitch. I was just gonna use the bumper mount to move my waverunner. I could't find anyone who make the plug in T connectors for the stock harness. That's what I wanted. I wanted to know what anyone who didn't get the stock trailer hitch did. Thanks though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts