Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since my Frontier has the factory auto dimming mirror with compass, it has a plug on the backside that can be used to wire up a traffic camera or radar detector. Does anyone know where I can find the pin out diagram for this plug?

·
Registered
2019 CC 4x4 SV
246 Posts
Someone recently posted a Toyota plug that worked. A quick search might find it. Can't remember what section it was posted in. Might have been a build thread.

·
Registered
2004 Nissan Frontier XE KC KA24DE
4,189 Posts
Use a DMM to find the power and ground wires.

Or lookup the mirror make and model # (on back of mirror) and search online for its documentation.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Since my Frontier has the factory auto dimming mirror with compass, it has a plug on the backside that can be used to wire up a traffic camera or radar detector. Does anyone know where I can find the pin out diagram for this plug?
Better yet, just buy this - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08FQ7C9B8/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I spliced the power wires to extend into where the map lights are so the USB power supply is hidden. My camera USB comes down from the headliner.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I made a video and post about an adapter that will work.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks, I think that will help. I saw that adapter on another thread in this forum but I didn't think it would work because I thought my plug had two rows of 7 pins each, but it is only one row. If you number the pins from the passenger side of the plug (#1) to the driver side (#7), #1 has a white wire, #2 black, #6 green and #7 purple. From the pictures on Amazon, it looks like the black and white are +/- 5VDC and go to the usb plug.

I already have a plug but it has just two wires out the back and no instructions on where to plug them in. BTW the black and white could be +/-12VDC because the adapter seems to have a bump in it that could be a voltage divider. I guess it is time to break out the DVM.

Also, I did not know you could just pull the plug out the back of the mirror until I saw your video. I have trouble with close up vision.

·
Premium Member
2020 Nissan Frontier Pro-4X
312 Posts
Thanks, I think that will help. I saw that adapter on another thread in this forum but I didn't think it would work because I thought my plug had two rows of 7 pins each, but it is only one row. If you number the pins from the passenger side of the plug (#1) to the driver side (#7), #1 has a white wire, #2 black, #6 green and #7 purple. From the pictures on Amazon, it looks like the black and white are +/- 5VDC and go to the usb plug.

I already have a plug but it has just two wires out the back and no instructions on where to plug them in. BTW the black and white could be +/-12VDC because the adapter seems to have a bump in it that could be a voltage divider. I guess it is time to break out the DVM.

Also, I did not know you could just pull the plug out the back of the mirror until I saw your video. I have trouble with close up vision.

I just ordered one for my 2020 Frontier with the specified setup.

I'm a little confiused by your post though - you had the 7 pin setup but this didn't work for you or did it??

·
Registered
218 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I'm a little confiused by your post though - you had the 7 pin setup but this didn't work for you or did it??
I haven't done anything yet. I viewed another post that used this, but I thought my plug was a 14 pin connector as I viewed it through the windshield. Turns out I have a 7 pin connector. I'm going to get out the DVOM and take some voltage measurements.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts