Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if the NISMO/LE traction package (HSA, HDC, ABLS, VDC) actually change or add anything to the truck mechanically or is it all computer controlled? I'm curious to know if this can be added to a truck that doesn't have it.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
The VDC employs an accelerometer to measure g force in turns, that signal is fed to a computer (not sure if it's an additional computer or not) which then controls the brakes through the ABS and regulates the throttle to maintain the vehicle on course if it senses it's starting to loose traction. These are some pretty expensive hi-tech components, and I doubt Nissan paid the money to put them in every vehicle then not use them (or charge the customer for them)! It sure wouldn't make good economic sense anyway.

All the 06 Xterra's have VDC as standard equipment, I'm really surprised the Frontiers don't!

I would think the HDC and HSA probably employ the same computer being as those also function through the ABS system. ABLS can be had as an option without the Traction package, so both system are probably indepentent of each other even though they work together when the truck is equiped with both.

Someone posted pics of the ABS unit once, and the ABLS system has an additional brake line coming from it, so changing from ABS to ABLS would mean swapping out the whole ABS Actuator control and adding whatever the extra break line was feeding and it's related components. Doesn't sound like a very easy taksk...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts