Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
Im new here, just traded in my 03 ford lightning for a 05 nismo crew 4x4. Wanted something I could carry 3 passengers and my Mountain bikes. First thing I had to do was get a rack. I searched and found a online nissan parts house that had these. They work great. Only prob is my Full suspension bike (intense Uzzi SL) has a long wheelbase, thus I must have the tailgate down when transporting that bike. My road bike fits fine.

]







Bryan
 

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
Joined
·
2,296 Posts
Bry03cobra said:
Hello
Only prob is my Full suspension bike (intense Uzzi SL) has a long wheelbase, thus I must have the tailgate down when transporting that bike. My road bike fits fine.

Bryan
Just a suggestion!! I have kinda the same setup but I used Yakima Locking Blockheads. I actually put the mounts on the side rails and my Full Suspended bike fits sideways with about 3-4 inches to spare.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,187 Posts
I used a 1/4" Super Strut. You get a bag of 5 at Home Depot for less than $5. They are used for electrical conduit framing and fit as if they were built for the track.
That way you can use any mount. I picked up my mounts from my ol Ranger. I am updating to the Locking Yakima skewers this afternoon.
The mount for the Utilitrac is too expensive. Also, a theif can still un-mount the tiedown by hand and steel the bike and mount.:damn:

My Ibis Silk-Ti fits with room to spare.

Take a look.....
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
140 Posts
MOBEEBO said:
I used a 1/4" Super Strut. You get a bag of 5 at Home Depot for less than $5. They are used for electrical conduit framing and fit as if they were built for the track.
That way you can use any mount. I picked up my mounts from my ol Ranger. I am updating to the Locking Yakima skewers this afternoon.
The mount for the Utilitrac is too expensive. Also, a theif can still un-mount the tiedown by hand and steel the bike and mount.:damn:

My Ibis Silk-Ti fits with room to spare.

Take a look.....
Great Idea!!! I have a couple of mounts that I have been wanting to use instead of buying new. Off to Home Depot I go :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,187 Posts
TXoutlaw said:
Great Idea!!! I have a couple of mounts that I have been wanting to use instead of buying new. Off to Home Depot I go :)
I can't take all the credit. I learned about it on the Titan forum.:thumbsup:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Bry03cobra,
Thanks for the photos and link. I've been looking for something like this since I got my Frontier a year ago so I ordered 2 right away.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,586 Posts
I got a Rockymount Bike fork mount that is lockable and can not be removed unless you have the key.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
I'm a dummy

Just got my new fork mounts the other day from Courtesy Nissan and didn't like how the edges were just square. So I ground, filed, sanded and finally polished them. They look sweet! Only problem is I had recently installed a Bak Rollup which required me to remove the front utilitrac.
So now I have these shiny fork mounts with nice rounded edges that I can't use so they're going on Ebay soon unless anyone is interested in them. I'll sell them for what I paid ($40/ea) and include used skewers and free shipping to cont. US.
Photos available as soon as my wife gets back with my camera.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,340 Posts
lpdjshaw said:
Just got my new fork mounts the other day from Courtesy Nissan and didn't like how the edges were just square. So I ground, filed, sanded and finally polished them. They look sweet! Only problem is I had recently installed a Bak Rollup which required me to remove the front utilitrac.
So now I have these shiny fork mounts with nice rounded edges that I can't use so they're going on Ebay soon unless anyone is interested in them. I'll sell them for what I paid ($40/ea) and include used skewers and free shipping to cont. US.
Photos available as soon as my wife gets back with my camera.
I have run fork mounts in the side utilitracks, works just as well, just doesnt look as cool!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
12 Posts
Unfortunatly

The Rollup cover extends a couple of inches over the side of the bed preventing me from using the side rails for bike transport. I have a straight fork, so it doesn't clear.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,070 Posts
I think the only place to get them is off a member who is selling them, but I haven't seen them for sale in a long time. I'm not sure why they don't sell them anymore, but it may be because the new utilitrac cleats are one piece. The old cleats were two pieces so you could break them apart to attach the aluminum. Your best bet would probably be to buy a fork mount that could be fastened to the track with superstrut/ unistrut hardware which can be found in the electrical section at Lowes or Home Depot.

Maybe something like this, check out the pics, it looks like a frontier in a couple of them:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,531 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top