Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
last Saturday i went too raceway park w/ nice (night) 69-72 degree weather and slight wind, i ran a 14.47 @ 93 and also a 14.49 and 14.5. (these were without power braking) so i had off today and decided too go run at the track.... well i arrived @ 6 and didnt get my first run in till 730 cause it was so damn hot......89 degrees, so i tried w/ power braking and a crappy burnout, 60 ft was 2.1 and time was 14.68 @ 92.?mph,,,,, next run a really good burnout, takeoff and my final timer was 14.6 @ 93.?mph!!!!!

how is it possible that i ran the same mph as saturday but a slower 1/4 milde time? is that cause the heat or what?

Will post up picture of time slip tomrrow (2nd run). its a little late and i got work @ 6 so i need too sleep

·
Registered
3,260 Posts
Could be numerous things.

Your reaction time could be different. Also, you spinning tires may cause this to happen also. If you start to spin or get a crappy start, you will still get about the same mph, but your et will be different.

·
Registered
252 Posts
man I remember 15 years ago when 5L stangs were running low 14's, my rx7 ran high 13's... damn these trucks are fast! they sure have come a long way.

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Could be numerous things.

Your reaction time could be different. Also, you spinning tires may cause this to happen also. If you start to spin or get a crappy start, you will still get about the same mph, but your et will be different.
^+1. The trap speed stll showed the same HP.

man I remember 15 years ago when 5L stangs were running low 14's, my rx7 ran high 13's... damn these trucks are fast! they sure have come a long way.
5s back then only had 225hp. out of the box and some even had 2.73 difs.

·
Registered
17,537 Posts
yea sounds like you had too much wheelspin coming out of the whole... why are you doing a burnout on street tires (i'm assuming)?

·
Registered
231 Posts
Are you driving around the water box or through it? You want to drive around it, driving through it will get water in your front tires and leave it wet for your rear tires....also don't do a burnout in the water since it will get a bunch up in your fenders and drip back onto your tires.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
cause mph is a much more consistent measure than et. mph shows more about the power you put out...try a 165mph trap speed, now thats fun....

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
yea sounds like you had too much wheelspin coming out of the whole... why are you doing a burnout on street tires (i'm assuming)?
I'm wondering the same thing. I didn't know it the first time I took my Ranger to a drag strip, but a burnout will do nothing to help most street tires. Just go around the water box.

·
Registered
741 Posts
:laugh: sorry i had to laugh at that , its 115 here in phx

thread jack over
haha yeah 115 in the day, and a coooling 104 at 10 pm

·
Registered
354 Posts
It wasn't a total failure if you were able to drive home afterwards!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
i drove through the water and stopped beyond it

holy s*** 115 is hot, gotta love jersey

And i ran my truck w/only the [email protected] filter i ran 15.8 lol

me and a few friends are going back to the track later on in the month so ill repost how i did......

·
Registered
741 Posts
i remember a good guy on here ran a 14.9 constantly, i beleive his nam was masstif or something. he went to the track and ran a 15.1 and he was mad. but conditions change so much. dont be disspointed at all

·
Registered
17,537 Posts
mastiff never once posted an actual time slip. he claimed his truck was bone stock as well. johnny, there is no reason to go through the water box, it will only hurt your times, also no reason to warm up street tires whatsoever, that only works on rcomps and DR's

·
Registered
1,604 Posts
Mastiff also stripped his truck of several hundred pounds to get in the 14's. But yeah he was the first to get 14's. And johnny dont be discouraged with your runs this week. Last time I went I only managed a 14.5 for a best run. Several reasons for my bad runs, but there always are excuses, but what I'm saying is an NA automatic frontier running 14.4's in the middle of the summer is great. You should be very happy with those times. I ran my 14.3 in cooler weather, so using a calculator would put you just as good as times as I ran. I love to see more people getting serious about performance on our trucks. We now have several guys getting serious power going the FI direction(hines & brutal) and of course one doing a v8 swap(andy). Who knows how those guys are going to run, but it will be fun watching them. Plus I think a few of as NA guys will be flirting with the 14.0 barrier too(myself included :) ) before the year is up. Just think of how things have changed since mastiff started the big drama/dispute with his breaking the 15.0 barrier. Things are coming along nicely for the frontier market. Finally!!!

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well put rdr

·
Registered
220 Posts
10 years ago a V6 truck with bolt-ons would never see 15's let alone what some of you guys are pulling. The VQ40 is a GEM.

·
Registered
690 Posts
A 14.4 is really good in a NA V6 truck. I went to my local track for test and tune Wednesday night and seen some really nice cars running some horrible times. Some people just can not drive. Example: STI with bolt on's ran a 14.5 haha. I was thinking about running my truck just for fun after I get the exhaust on. There are some really fast diesels that pretty much owned every street car there. Fastest one was a quad cab 2500 cummins ran a 11.5 :thatswck:

·
Registered
17,537 Posts
those big diesels will surprise ppl, i know they did me, seeing something with 35's running below 11 sec's is just insane

1 - 20 of 22 Posts