Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Light has been on. I done the thing to reset it where you put certain air pressure in each tire and ground out the plug. That never cleared it. I went by a tire shop today and had it reset. It worked, but 1.5 later it's back on. Do I need new sensors?

·
Registered
532 Posts
Light has been on. I done the thing to reset it where you put certain air pressure in each tire and ground out the plug. That never cleared it. I went by a tire shop today and had it reset. It worked, but 1.5 later it's back on. Do I need new sensors?

Possibly a bad battery on one of them?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
266 Posts
ive heard the batteries are only good for ~5 years. But my light came on the other day, then i checked all the pressures and all the tires were within 1 pound of each other and then the light went off.

·
Super Moderator
3,839 Posts
They usually last 6-7 years in my experience. When one goes, the others aren't far behind. Best thing to do in that cause is replace the set of four the next time you replace the tires. I use Dorman direct-fit TPMS sensors from Rockauto.com for about $40 each and a lifetime warranty. You need a trigger tool to wake-up the new sensors, however, which you can get for around $55-65 dollars US.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts