Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have a 2008 Frontier Crew Cab 4x4 I bought new. About a year ago, the TPMS light started blinking. Dealer scanned it for free and determined it was a dead sensor in one of the wheels. I purchased a VDO Redi-Sensor and had it installed at my tire shop. Dealer programmed the new sensor to the truck and the light went out and stayed off.....until this week....

The dealer scanned again and said I had another dead sensor. I figured all the others were soon to follow so I went ahead and replaced the other three. I now have all four wheels fitted with Redi-Sensors. The dealer said all four were transmitting fine and programmed them to the truck. Light went out. Then, it starts flashing again. Dealer says two front wheel sensors have "stored codes" and suggested maybe I got two bad ones out of the box. So, I swap those two out for new ones and have them programmed once again today. Now, as I arrive at home, the dang light is flashing again!

What the heck is going on?!?!? All four tires are at 40psi as I have always ran them. Is the next step biting the bullet and getting OEM sensors? Then is the hassle of trying to get O'Reilly's to give me my money back on sensors that have been installed.

Dealer says the next step if I were to have them fix would be to install all factory sensors at $94 each with an $80 per wheel mount/dismount charge!! If that is unsuccessful, they say the next thing is a faulty BCM.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I've found my TPMS have been a bit temperamental due to air temp in the tire lately they will go on and off as the tire warms up or cools down. I have kept a closer eye on my air pressures and all is good with the tires so I've just ignored it. Recently I did the electrical tape mod (Black electrical tape over that stupid flashing light) I might care more about those sensors if they actually told you the air pressures in the tires or which tire was low. But seeings how you bought new ones I'd be looking to get my $ back.

·
Registered
6,005 Posts
at 40 psi air temp shouldn't mess with it.
You can try taking it to a tire shop and tell the to fix the TPMS. They are just as capable. And cheaper than the dealer.

The only time I go to a dealer is when I want to feel extremely frustrated and angry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts