Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I've been poking around the forums for a while and finally decided to ask for help.
I have a '99 Frontier V6 Manual. Just shy of 250k miles. Lost 1st gear and ended up replacing the transmission.
Ever since then my truck completely lacks power and the cab is filled with toxic exhaust fumes. Are the two problems related?
Initially thought the transmission was just geared differently, more suited to highway than, you know, getting out of the driveway. Also, I've climbed around and tried to inspect the exhaust system and I don't see any corroded areas.
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Hi all, I've been poking around the forums for a while and finally decided to ask for help.
I have a '99 Frontier V6 Manual. Just shy of 250k miles. Lost 1st gear and ended up replacing the transmission.
Ever since then my truck completely lacks power and the cab is filled with toxic exhaust fumes. Are the two problems related?
Initially thought the transmission was just geared differently, more suited to highway than, you know, getting out of the driveway. Also, I've climbed around and tried to inspect the exhaust system and I don't see any corroded areas.
Any thoughts?
Was the transmission installed properly and sealed? Is there anything that was not sealed around the transmission. Is the exhaust smell stronger in certain areas inside of the cab or does the whole cab just smell bad? check for these things. If so that may be your problem. Also is your vehicle 100 percent sealed in terms of things like AC vent, Windows, ::wink::

I hope my advice helps ::grin::

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update to my previous question....I took it into the shop and it turns out the manifold was cracked. 2 separate cracks that were nearly circumferential. Replaced the manifold, and gave her a general tune-up and she’s back to her former glory! Seems the manifold and transmission went at roughly the same time and were unrelated (except for the 250k miles).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts