Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I tried searching and searching but couldn't seem to find an answer. Does anyone know the capacity for towing when your in the 'Light Tow' tune? I'm towing a 6x12 UHaul about 500 miles today and want to make sure I shouldn't set it back to stock for the haul. The trailer weighs 1600 lbs empty and I have maybe another 1500 lbs in it now.

Suggestions?

Wow nobody with an answer, odd.

·
Registered
22 Posts
How much do super chips cost? Does it improve gas mileage? Does it improve towing power? I am in need of a truck with more torque, but can't afford a full sizer right now.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I tried searching and searching but couldn't seem to find an answer. Does anyone know the capacity for towing when your in the 'Light Tow' tune? I'm towing a 6x12 UHaul about 500 miles today and want to make sure I shouldn't set it back to stock for the haul. The trailer weighs 1600 lbs empty and I have maybe another 1500 lbs in it now.

Suggestions?

Wow nobody with an answer, odd.
Your GVRW is unchanged by the SuperChips. Whatever your user manual says you are good to is it. The SuperChips simply gives you more power. I don't recall what the max tow rating of the CC is, but it's either 5000 or 6500 lbs. Either way you should be fine with the Uhaul, as long as you don't overload your truck as well.

·
Registered
2,430 Posts
Why would you go back to stock? Giving up HP to tow makes no sense. Set it to max power and go!! Whatever tune you decide on for whatever reason, make sure to disable the WOT restriction.

Forgot about the weight, I believe we are at 6000lbs max, your well within the limits at 3000-35000lbs. Also the point about the programmer, it will help you tow easier, not more.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts