Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello I have a 2018 pro-4x. I recently put a PRG leveling lift on it (2 inches front and 1.5 rear) with a rear add a leaf. The lift required me to take the overload spring out. How much will this adversely affect the trucks ability to tow a trailer? Honestly I never planned on towing with this truck because it's kind of small but I've got myself into a situation where I'm going to have to

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
How far is the haul and how big is the trailer?

Reactions: 20009

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It's a fairly small enclosed cargo trailer. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow so I'll have a better idea but its something like this one right here. I'll be Towing it about 250 miles one way and the same on the way back. The big X Factor is that I'll be going up I-80 through the Sierra Nevada mountains from California into Reno so there's quite a few steep grades

Attachments

·
Registered
2,158 Posts
I don't have an overload leaf (add-a-leafs too) nor sway bar and I've towed 6000 lbs about 30 miles, no hills though. I've hauled about 2,000 lbs from Texas to South Carolina without issue through the mtns. Your add a leaf is designed for more, constant static weight, but it can be a little more spongy and if the trailer is loaded down full of heavy stuff. If it is loaded down take it easy, but that's on the smaller side I think you'll have no issues at all. If it's empty, it'll be cake.

·
1,672 Posts
I tow with mine. At first I had a simular set up and it broke the add-a-leaf. I switched to the 3 leaf add-a-leaf from AC but ADO sells them now and that’s where I got my set for my new SV

·
Premium Member
2012 CC "S" 4x4
942 Posts
You will have no problems at all, I'm lifted and tow my Trailer over the Sierras every year, I get 6-8 mpg going uphill, 4000lb. trailer Plant Tire Wheel Plant community Car

·
Registered
362 Posts
If you had not added spring in the rear, I would say you may have more squat then you would prefer, but you should be fine. The primary issue I have seen towing is excess trans temp often requiring management. However, that seems to be sporadic amongst individual trucks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts