Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey folks, noob question for ya. My truck came equipped with a bumper tow ball. Eventually I wanted to rent one of those small uhaul trailers to move some stuff. I presume I need to install some sort of wiring harness to hook up the brake/signal lights. I Googled to see what I need and came across this:

https://www.etrailer.com/t1-2013_Nissan_Frontier.htm

Question: what are your recommendations? What is a good kit to buy and install? I do not have a housing, so would need that too.

Thanks for your help!

·
Registered
3,593 Posts
That kit should work fine, just call ETrailer to confirm before ordering. Trailers share a bulb for brake lights and turn signals, and many vehicles like Nissans have separate bulbs for those so needs the convertor which is built in.

I just added a similar harness for my 1998/2004 Frontiers - which are different than yours - but same process. Pretty much the harness under the truck bed is disconnected, and the kit "tees" in between the two ends. I didn't get a housing for the 4-prong connector that exits near the license plate, I just left mine loose, about 6 inches long (wires were tied up under the truck bed out of sight).

·
Super Moderator
11,609 Posts
Personally I'd buy a receiver hitch and harness, I don't trust the bumper and the trailer won't be level either.

Clint

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you cusser. Yeah that's what a lot of people told me Clint, I may go that route and put a hitch instead so that I know I can tow a lot more if I ever need to. Thank you both for the response.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a buddy of mine who may be selling his too, but I will look out for your ad.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts