Nissan Frontier Forum banner

Towing mirrors for 2017 Frontier

16K views 45 replies 19 participants last post by  basketcase 
#1 ·
My 2017 SV 4.0 w/ towing package has everything I need to tow my new travel trailer but towing mirrors. The factory mirrors just don't get it done. Nissan dealership tells me they (Nissan) doesn't have them for the Frontiers; but yet they offer a nice towing package?
Any recommendations.....

#9 ·
Sounds good. I’ll get a pic or two tomorrow. Very quick and easy install. 3 clips and 3 screws on each door. Power window functions just as it should, field of vision is a huge difference. Come with the black and chrome covers, I opted for the black covers just because it looks factory and too much chrome is tacky IMO.

#20 ·
How far do they stick out when they are fully extended? I have thought about getting them as well, but don't want to pay the $$ if they only extend as far as my current strap-ons.
I'll try and take some measurements this weekend and get back to you on how far they stick out when collapsed and extended. As far as the length of your strap-on, I suggest not bringing it up since it might be NSFW. :LOL:

#17 ·
You can purchase them with that option. You can either get manual everything, power mirror option with no heated mirror or the power and heated mirror option. Just make sure you get the right ones, connects to factory wiring/clip

#22 ·
Here’s some pics of measurements. Collapsed v. Fully extended. Sorry tape is upside down was trying to measure with left hand and take pic with cellphone in right hand.

#27 ·
I wonder how difficult it would be to paint the chrome ones to match the body color

#30 ·
been the same truck forever and 2019 should be no different, I imagine they are exactly the same as the one's I bought for my 2016.

Install is easy. 3 clips to remove panel to access nuts holding mirror in place, pop off a couple of plastic trim pieces to gain access to 3 screws actually holding on interior door panel. pop off entire door panel. remove interior panel liner. remove clip holding mirror harness. reinstall with new mirrors in place of old mirrors. Should be no more than 10 mins. per side.

As mentioned by Mini - make sure you pick up the model that matches your current features so that it is a "plug and play" install.

#31 ·
Had these on my 2015 Desert Runner. They worked fine except the passenger side vibrated a little.

Fast Forward to May 15, 2019. I bought a new 2019 Pro-4x Crew Cab Lux. I miss the tow mirrors so much I just pulled the trigger on some new ones that are powered and heated for $208.99. Now the wait begins.

Reactions: NCalFrontier
#32 ·
I just picked a pair of these up off of ebay for my '06. Total was $216. Power but not heated. Install was straight forward like others have mentioned. Only hiccup was I ran the wire down the wrong way on driver side, from mirror to harness and when I tried to lower the window it hit the wire and stopped. Ofcourse I had it all put back together.:( I had checked the mirror operation before I closed it all back up but didin't think to check the window operation. My bad, but something to keep in mind if you're doing it. They look good and I have got no vibration on either of mine. Thanks to NCalFrontier for the ebay heads up!(y)

Land vehicle Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Grille
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Parking Automotive exterior
Vehicle Car Automotive exterior Vehicle door Automotive window part

#33 ·
I just picked a pair of these up off of ebay for my '06. Total was $216. Power but not heated. Install was straight forward like others have mentioned. Only hiccup was I ran the wire down the wrong way on driver side, from mirror to harness and when I tried to lower the window it hit the wire and stopped. Ofcourse I had it all put back together.:( I had checked the mirror operation before I closed it all back up but didin't think to check the window operation. My bad, but something to keep in mind if you're doing it. They look good and I have got no vibration on either of mine. Thanks to NCalFrontier for the ebay heads up!(y)

View attachment 313064 View attachment 313065 View attachment 313066
Thanks for posting the pics!

#36 ·
I recently purchased my 2017 Desert Runner and am preparing to tow my RV, a 6x12 cargo trailer build out I am about to complete. I will probably only be taking it out for about 3 or 4 times a year for about 3 or 4 days each.

So I am debating whether to get the permanently mounted Trail Ridge Towing Mirrors or the CIPA clamp on type (see photo), which actually have pretty good ratings.

Those with the Trail Ridge mirrors, when not towing, do you like these as much or more that the factory mirrors, if so or not, why?

For those with the CIPA clamp on. If not for the cost would you go with the Trail Ridge, or are you happy with the CIPA clamp on as needed?

Thanks for any input.

#37 ·
Go with the 1A Auto towing mirrors, I dont remember if they are trail ridge though. I love having the bigger mirrors so that I can see more with them. And when I pull my popup camper these things are awesome, I can see everything with them extended lol.

#40 ·
That’s a nice feature of staying with the Frontier, things still fit on current models (till 2022).

Thanks for the responses. I read over the rating comments on A1AAuto and Amazon and the nice recommendations here and ordered a pair of the Trail Ridge mirrors. The $300 only hurts for a little while, while those cheaper clamp-ons would hurt every time I popped them on. Even when not towing, I think I will like the larger mirrors and those lower wide angle mirrors for checking my blind spots. My previous truck, a 2000 Silverado, had nice big mirrors that I really liked (just didn’t like the long length with the extended cab and 8’ bed).

I’ll let you know how the install goes and how I like them.

Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.