Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 2017 SV 4.0 w/ towing package has everything I need to tow my new travel trailer but towing mirrors. The factory mirrors just don't get it done. Nissan dealership tells me they (Nissan) doesn't have them for the Frontiers; but yet they offer a nice towing package?
Any recommendations.....

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
1A Auto has them, welcome aboard! You’ll get info to most anything you need to know about your frontier here.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Just put some on my ‘16 Thursday night. I don’t tow too often but just wanted visibility improvement. HUGE DIFFERENCE over factory.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I’ll try and get some tomorrow. Oh and I didn’t pay $362+, got them on sale right now through eBay for $206 brand new, shipped, and to my door in less than a week.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I would love to see them installed
Sounds good. I’ll get a pic or two tomorrow. Very quick and easy install. 3 clips and 3 screws on each door. Power window functions just as it should, field of vision is a huge difference. Come with the black and chrome covers, I opted for the black covers just because it looks factory and too much chrome is tacky IMO.

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
I always wonder about vibration while driving. I know some aftermarket mirrors get vibration to where you can’t even make out an object behind you.

·
Registered
287 Posts
I had them on my 2015 Desert Runner. Passenger side vibrated a bit. May 15, 2019 I bought a 2019 Pro-4x Crew Cab Lux and now I'm contemplating getting them again. Here's an old pic. Hope it helps you.

Reactions: NCalFrontier

·
Registered
391 Posts
Pics as requested.

I always wonder about vibration while driving. I know some aftermarket mirrors get vibration to where you can’t even make out an object behind you.
I’ve only had mine installed for a few days but no vibration, in fact, probably less than the factory mirrors. Can’t speak for others though. Once thing I did notice is that the window channel has seemed to have tightened as the windows seem to work just a tad harder rolling up once they’re near the top.

Reactions: racquetballer

·
Registered
1,144 Posts
Do they stick out further than stock mirrors when collapsed? If someone could measure from door to edge of mirror that would be helpful.

Reactions: MiniDuti

·
Registered
174 Posts
I also have the same mirrors, Nice when I tow my 24' pontoon boat. would not want to tow without them. it did take awhile to get used to the fish eye lower part of mirror. not a hard install, did it myself. and if you think they stick out to far, like when you park in shopping centers the mirrors fold in...

·
Registered
391 Posts
You can purchase them with that option. You can either get manual everything, power mirror option with no heated mirror or the power and heated mirror option. Just make sure you get the right ones, connects to factory wiring/clip

·
Registered
183 Posts
You can purchase them with that option. You can either get manual everything, power mirror option with no heated mirror or the power and heated mirror option. Just make sure you get the right ones, connects to factory wiring/clip
Nice!! Might have too look in to this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
How far do they stick out when they are fully extended? I have thought about getting them as well, but don't want to pay the $$ if they only extend as far as my current strap-ons.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Do they stick out further than stock mirrors when collapsed? If someone could measure from door to edge of mirror that would be helpful.
How far do they stick out when they are fully extended? I have thought about getting them as well, but don't want to pay the $$ if they only extend as far as my current strap-ons.
I'll try and take some measurements this weekend and get back to you on how far they stick out when collapsed and extended. As far as the length of your strap-on, I suggest not bringing it up since it might be NSFW. :LOL:

Reactions: mo4130 and mitelman
1 - 20 of 33 Posts