Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry, these aren't actual "in tow" pictures. But for sh1ts and giggles i decided to hook up my 23' attitude toybox. The pictures speak for themselves. My toybox is 23' has no water, no food, just the two quads. Here's the specs on the toybox: hitch weight: 800 pounds, dry weight 4,630 pounds, with no options, but we have all the options, the empty fresh water tank can hold 106 gallons. Granted the weight distribution was not hooked up, the bottom of the hitch was 2inches from the ground! I saw some posts earlier in the week questioning the frontiers ability to tow a small toyhauler, and i hope this answers the questions. But really... I hooked up the hauler to load up two quads for a trip to dumont this weekend! And no the frontier is not going to tow the toybox.:laugh:
 

Attachments

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
1,624 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Little Red Wagen said:
It does appear you shore do need "helper springs" If ya had decided to tow it.:crikey:
yah, i'd need helper springs and a lot of luck not getting myself killed on the highway. I wouldn't be able to make it out of the driveway anyway.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
449 Posts
I'm towing a 21' trailer that weighs close to 5k loaded, the hitch weight is around 400lbs. I use a distribution hitch though. Sure doesn't squat like those pictures.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,444 Posts
1stNISSAN said:
Sorry, these aren't actual "in tow" pictures. But for sh1ts and giggles i decided to hook up my 23' attitude toybox. The pictures speak for themselves. My toybox is 23' has no water, no food, just the two quads. Here's the specs on the toybox: hitch weight: 800 pounds, dry weight 4,630 pounds, with no options, but we have all the options, the empty fresh water tank can hold 106 gallons. Granted the weight distribution was not hooked up, the bottom of the hitch was 2inches from the ground! I saw some posts earlier in the week questioning the frontiers ability to tow a small toyhauler, and i hope this answers the questions. But really... I hooked up the hauler to load up two quads for a trip to dumont this weekend! And no the frontier is not going to tow the toybox.:laugh:
wow.................................that answers some question..........
that dog in the first pic looks like its making a b-line to attack something?
being as i raised pits before i know their maneurisms.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,461 Posts
just use the Ranger next to the police car.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
551 Posts
I bet if you got someone to stand on the rear bumper, you could pop a wheelie.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
J_L said:
I'm towing a 21' trailer that weighs close to 5k loaded, the hitch weight is around 400lbs. I use a distribution hitch though. Sure doesn't squat like those pictures.
hitch weight is the key, my toybox empty is at 800pounds.

toyniss said:
wow.................................that answers some question..........
that dog in the first pic looks like its making a b-line to attack something?
being as i raised pits before i know their maneurisms.
no, my dog was just happy to see me, and she was running toward me.

beefy242 said:
just use the Ranger next to the police car.
haha, the ranger is my neighbors. and it's a taxi, not a police car.:laugh:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
854 Posts
that looks like riverside.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
8,742 Posts
Yeah the hitch weight is insane on that, 800lbs. Actually with the weight distribution tongue weight becomes almost irrelevant.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,271 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Inyourface1650 said:
Yeah the hitch weight is insane on that, 800lbs. Actually with the weight distribution tongue weight becomes almost irrelevant.
i think if i would have hooked up the weight distribution it would have brought the rear up 2 inches. And when i load up with food, 106 gallons of water, gear etc... it'll easily sag the bumper 3 inches down.:crikey:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
19 Posts
J_L said:
I'm towing a 21' trailer that weighs close to 5k loaded, the hitch weight is around 400lbs. I use a distribution hitch though. Sure doesn't squat like those pictures.
I'm with you on that one a distribution hitch would help alot not to mention 800lbs is more than max hitch weight and it looks to be a lifted truck, the center of gravity is higher now, wouldn't seem as safe as stock. not all toy haulers have heavy hitch weights, the manufactures have started to notice the need to build lighter haulers to be pulled by smaller trucks. I can see why it would be unwise to attempt to use a frontier on that hauler, it is heavy!! that is alot of hitch weight especially for dry.
 
1 - 20 of 59 Posts
Top