Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
think we can start adding write-ups on the trucks as well? would be cool to list mods - almost like a reader's rides mag
x2 just a short mod list

·
Rogue Admin
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
x2 just a short mod list
ya - i think that would be great to see. especially with all the people here that do their own fab work.

·
Rogue Admin
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
no - i was thinking on the nomination page - it may help people chose whom to vote for. but the final winner would work as well - i guess it would save redundancy if they get nominated another month (if they dont win). i think some of the street trucks would benefit from telling how they mod their trucks...

·
Super Moderator
4,070 Posts
no - i was thinking on the nomination page - it may help people chose whom to vote for. but the final winner would work as well - i guess it would save redundancy if they get nominated another month (if they dont win). i think some of the street trucks would benefit from telling how they mod their trucks...
I think that may make the thread more cluttered. People already don't pay attention to who is already in the final and keep nominating trucks that are in. I also don't have the time to go search for the nominees mods when they get nominated. Who will be responsible for doing that? It's a decent idea and I will make a new thread to get opinions (and move the posts about this there).

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I can try and do that for February. You want that info with in the winner's post that appears on the homepage correct?

IN - no more nominations required:

-BRUTAL
-penski61
-Squall Line
-NISLO
-raceworx

Still needs nominations:

-Jagger has 3, needs 2 more
I think the info is not necessary on the nomination thread but it should be on the final voting page where you list all the trucks and there pictures. There should be a Mod List included with it. The owners can type it up and just have you post it in as the give it to you. Then the winner gets his truck on the homepage as normal and his Mod List will be included underneath.

The nomination thread just has too many trucks posted up too fast to include a Mod List but it shouldn't be too hard to do it on the TOTM Voting Page

·
Super Moderator
4,070 Posts
I think the info is not necessary on the nomination thread but it should be on the final voting page where you list all the trucks and there pictures. There should be a Mod List included with it. The owners can type it up and just have you post it in as the give it to you. Then the winner gets his truck on the homepage as normal and his Mod List will be included underneath.

The nomination thread just has too many trucks posted up too fast to include a Mod List but it shouldn't be too hard to do it on the TOTM Voting Page
I agree. We can try this in the voting thread for this upcoming TOTM and see how it works.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts

·
Rogue Admin
12,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
this could be a cool addition. The write-up doesn't have to be all that big - many people have the significant mods in their signature. I have one of Peterson's 4x4 Readers Rides mags here, and this is their small list next to every pic (and not all rides have every question answered, such as cost):

Make/Model
Estimated value
Build time
Owner
Hometown
Occupation
Years wheeling experience
Favourite wheeling spots
Why did you choose this vehicle to build?
Favourite terrain
Engine
Aspiration
Transmission
Transfer case
Front axle/diff
rear axle/diff
Ring & Pinion
Front suspension
Rear suspension
Wheels
Tires
Other cool stuff
Favourite mods
Least favourite mods
If I had to build it again....

Course these are just their ideas, but it gives you some great little details. There were also street 4x4s in here, so some of the 'favourite wheeling spots' were answered: grass and parking lots....so it can cover all aspects of the truck scene.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
this could be a cool addition. The write-up doesn't have to be all that big - many people have the significant mods in their signature. I have one of Peterson's 4x4 Readers Rides mags here, and this is their small list next to every pic (and not all rides have every question answered, such as cost):

Make/Model
Estimated value
Build time
Owner
Hometown
Occupation
Years wheeling experience
Favourite wheeling spots
Why did you choose this vehicle to build?
Favourite terrain
Engine
Aspiration
Transmission
Transfer case
Front axle/diff
rear axle/diff
Ring & Pinion
Front suspension
Rear suspension
Wheels
Tires
Other cool stuff
Favourite mods
Least favourite mods
If I had to build it again....

Course these are just their ideas, but it gives you some great little details. There were also street 4x4s in here, so some of the 'favourite wheeling spots' were answered: grass and parking lots....so it can cover all aspects of the truck scene.
nice input

1 - 12 of 12 Posts