Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Leaving work yesterday, some guy in a work van ran a red light and TBoned me. Looks like the truck will probably be totaled. Yep, thats the driveshaft hanging down. Had just made the second payment on it. 2006 with 40k miles. My neck is a little sore, but i think ill be alright. Bummer huh?

·
Premium Member
1,951 Posts
dang that sux dude but atleast your ok

·
Registered
137 Posts
Dang dude, glad your ok for the most part, you'll be more sore later today and tomorrow morning. :(

·
Registered
578 Posts
just take the insurance money and go buy another one.

·
Registered
2,587 Posts
that looks like a bad hit. It sounds like your okay, but be sure to get that neck fully checked out.

·
Registered
112 Posts
for a t-bone, i'd say you made out ok. maybe you can buy it from ins. and part it out? or at least remove some useful accessories before you lose it.

glad to hear you made it out ok.

·
Super Moderator
11,522 Posts
Glad to know you weren't hurt worse than being sore.
Hopefully he has a good insurance company and you're paid quickly so you can get a new ride soon.

Clint

·
Premium Member
12,133 Posts
glad your ok.

but the damage doesnt look horrible, at lest it hit evenly. frame is probably fine. a sweet rig it would be.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
holy cow thats a bummer glad your okay. thats better than i expected being t boned.

gunna fix it?

·
Premium Member
4,074 Posts
Go get your neck checked out for sure!!! I had a bad wreck back in 2003 in which I hurt my neck and it still bothers me, and that was after going to therapy for 3 months.

·
Registered
854 Posts
Bummer dude, glad your alive... Like said previousally get yourself checked out make sure your A ok..

·
Registered
5,939 Posts
just take the insurance money and go buy another one.
that might be tough depending on what he owes on it and what the ins co gives him having only made 2 payments on it.

OP, make sure to NOT sign ANYTHING since you were injured. the other guys ins co will try to low ball you and get you to sign a release. DO NOT SIGN IT. if you need to, get a lawyer involved.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 · (Edited)
Yea most likely they will just pay what I owe on it. It was a work van from a pretty good sized company here in town, so im sure they have plenty of insurance. Even if it can be fixed, not sure that I would want it to be. I know it will never be quite right again.

Not sure of the speed, but i swerved just in time to miss his front end, and he hit me right in front of the drivers door and spun my rear end around.

·
Registered
3,063 Posts
you must not have a reputable good quality body shops anywhere around huh?

i rebuilt my 03 and looked just like new like i plan to do with my 07.

you do it right or you dont do it at all.

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
you must not have a reputable good quality body shops anywhere around huh?

i rebuilt my 03 and looked just like new like i plan to do with my 07.

you do it right or you dont do it at all.
i'm sure there are great body shops in his town, but if you do your own work you are more likely to do a better job.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts