Automotive parking light Wheel Car Tire Vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Car

Tire Wheel Automotive tire Plant Tread

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Sky Tire

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Automotive tire

Is this totaled? 2016 with 95k.

If not, is there anything I can negotiate with my insurance to total it? I don’t want to kill its resale, I was planning on trading it in when I get back from deployment next year.

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
342 Posts
Most likely. I had a very minor fender bender in a 2015 Sonata that totaled it. The payout was enough to pay off my 2018 Frontier, almost $14,000. This crazy market does wonders for insurance payouts when they’re based on market value.

·
Registered
2019 Frontier SV KC 2WD V6 Auto
1,387 Posts
View attachment 343174
View attachment 343173
View attachment 343169
View attachment 343171
View attachment 343172
View attachment 343176
View attachment 343175
View attachment 343170

If not, is there anything I can negotiate with my insurance to total it? I don’t want to kill its resale, I was planning on trading it in when I get back from deployment next year.
Did any of the airbags deploy? If yes, then definitely totaled.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Probably not totaled, but that is A LOT of body work to be repaired! Would depend on value of vehicle vs repair costs.

·
Registered
862 Posts
One thing to remember is today's crazy used market. Even if they don't total it and get it fixed, the truck will still have a lot of value. I wouldn't doubt that it would be worth more than what it was worth a year ago without any accidents. And your truck is just 5 years old with decent mileage.
Based on what I've seen for sale, you'd probably get about $26k for the truck.

Reactions: Bamps

·
Registered
2022 Frontier S 4x4
71 Posts
In Nevada, state law dictates the vehicle must be totaled if the repair exceeds 65% of the value of the vehicle at hand… According to my Progressive Insurance claims handler…

And, No I didn’t total the 2022 yet, lol.

·
Registered
13 Posts
What happened? It looks like the bed is tilted but it's hard to tell in the photo. Were you hit from behind? Either way, that is a lot of body repair. The insane value of used vehicles might influence the outcome but some states have different repair thresholds. It's hard to tell.

I doubt that you could influence insurance to total it if they deem it repairable.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
You have multiple dings all around the truck. My eyes see $10-15k in restoration cost. It should be totalled. This is the good news. The bad news is the cost of new vehicles is crazy now.

·
Registered
366 Posts
I don't see anything that would have resulted in structural damage (frame, pillars, aprons, etc.), just cosmetic body damage.

Passenger bed side will likely need replacement, as will the front bumper cover and rear bumper. The rest of the panels are likely repairable, which will help keep the costs down. Still, that is a lot of hours of body work and will be a significant amount to fix. Depending on your insurance company, they may just write it off as a total loss.

Looks like contact from the cables and posts in the median? Never have liked that type of barrier - we have them around here and I've seen it allow vehicles all the way across into the opposing lanes...:eek: Probably better from a damage standpoint though.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I don't see anything that would have resulted in structural damage (frame, pillars, aprons, etc.), just cosmetic body damage.

Passenger bed side will likely need replacement, as will the front bumper cover and rear bumper. The rest of the panels are likely repairable, which will help keep the costs down. Still, that is a lot of hours of body work and will be a significant amount to fix. Depending on your insurance company, they may just write it off as a total loss.

Looks like contact from the cables and posts in the median? Never have liked that type of barrier - we have them around here and I've seen it allow vehicles all the way across into the opposing lanes...:eek: Probably better from a damage standpoint though.
yeah, I wound up in the opposite lane of travel.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
View attachment 343172

If not, is there anything I can negotiate with my insurance to total it? I don’t want to kill its resale...
If it was just body work, I bet they would fix it. But your engine oil pan is punched in, and the frame got hit, to some extent, right where the lower control arm bolts up. Those two items are risks they don't like to take, so I would bet on a total.

Just don't expect to get full value without a fight. Use NadaGuides.com for your value, and hold firm until they pay it. They might claim they have their own valuation service, so don't accept it (unless it's good!). I have always won with insurance companies using Nada values. It's always been the industry benchmark. Ask to see their valuation report if you are too far apart. Push back.

Keep us posted. Glad you're OK.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
BTW, it's the adjuster who will total it or not. If you can arrange to meet him at the vehicle when he does his inspection, it might be helpful.

·
Registered
2,640 Posts
EXCELLENT decision to take photos at the scene. Take as many as possible if you are ever in a wreck. It captures the accident scene, and allows you to get pics of the damage you may never be able to get later at a tow lot.

·
Registered
2015 Nissan Frontier SV Crew Cab LWB 4x4
2,094 Posts
For what it's worth you have my sympathy, this has got to be an incredibly annoying situation where it's damaged just enough to really piss one off.

·
Registered
495 Posts
You have multiple dings all around the truck. My eyes see $10-15k in restoration cost. It should be totalled. This is the good news. The bad news is the cost of new vehicles is crazy now.
You mean the cost of USED vehicles is crazy now. Prices of NEW vehicles are what they are, just no rebates on most major brands.

·
Super Moderator
11,896 Posts
Most importantly you’re not injured, hope it all works out well for you.

Clint

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
You mean the cost of USED vehicles is crazy now. Prices of NEW vehicles are what they are, just no rebates on most major brands.
Two years ago, you could have bought a Frontier for $3k off of sticker. Now it is at sticker, maybe. But the used market is even worse so you are correct.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts