Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Nice!! I would guess you get more articulation with those new a-arms? What was the price if you don't mind?

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
rdickey said:
Nice!! I would guess you get more articulation with those new a-arms? What was the price if you don't mind?
from my convo with Greg...using the smaller spacer in combination with the new arms will improve articulation. however, going with the taller spacer and arms will yield the same articualtion as stock.

·
Registered
261 Posts
How long did it take you to do the install? I just got mine from the ups man and am wondering if I want to try and tackle the project this weekend?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Actually i get tons more articulation then stock, and as far as the install took about 3 hours because i switched out the spacer. the only think you have to do is cut out one of the bolts on the driver side becase the the steering shaft is right there and you cant get it out with out cutting it, i ended up using a torch, it was a little faster. Make sure you also have camber bolts in your lower arm if you dont you will have to get them from the dealer, there is 4 bolts and 4 washers that are offset so that you can allign the camber mine was way off. As far as the ride goes, Awsome, no noise from shock buckes.

·
Registered
2,317 Posts
what wheel and tire combo are you running? did you have to modify the front calipers to fit the wheels or did you add wheel spacers?

·
Registered
261 Posts
jgregorio30 said:
Make sure you also have camber bolts in your lower arm if you dont you will have to get them from the dealer, there is 4 bolts and 4 washers that are offset so that you can allign the camber mine was way off.
I think that is only an issue with the 06??? :?:

Or do you have an 05 as well

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
there 16" procomps, with 265 75 r 16's, i did have to use a spacer but only a 1/4 inch so it wasnt to bad. i also used a heat gun to reform the finder liner and trimed a little at the bottom also rounded the bottome of the inside of the finder to give extra clearance so i get no tire rub, and yes only 06's have the issue of the camber bolts, the only thing is that even with the bolds its still has 1 degree of positive camber, im thinking its because i have the taller spacer though.

·
Registered
261 Posts
jgregorio30 said:
i also used a heat gun to reform the finder liner and trimed a little at the bottom also rounded the bottome of the inside of the finder to give extra clearance so i get no tire rub,.
That is a great idea I wish I would have thought of that. I murdered my fender liner because of rubbing issues

1 - 10 of 10 Posts