Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
All I can say is WOW.
while trying to research some info I just typed Nissan.com and came across this total BS crap Nissan Motors is doing to the little guy. Kind of ashamed a car company I like is so about screwing someone over. All cause they have lawyers on salary with nothing better to do than drag a small company through the courts for over 15 years...good brief read
Nissan Motor vs. Nissan Computer - Digest.com

·
Registered
2,326 Posts
But you would think this guy would just have given up. I mean 20yrs and he never let it go.

Big companies are like that and they have every resourse in the book.

Besides did he really have to start every company with his name. Come on!

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well as he points out, he did so when Nissan motors, was still Datsun
We have people dying around the world for principles, I would want to fight too. But why didnt Nissan Motors just buy him out of the domain like so many other comanies do that want their domain names?

·
Registered
1,820 Posts
that is bull crap. shame on Nissan Motors.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
If he has been using it since Nissan was Datsun then he has every right to continue using his family name in every business venture. What I don't understand is why he wouldn't settle and attempt to sell them rights to Nissan.com for a ridiculous amount of money as obviously all they care about is the rights to that domain.

·
Premium Member
1,097 Posts
... But why didnt Nissan Motors just buy him out of the domain like so many other comanies do that want their domain names?
x2

Nissan probably wasn't expecting him to actually fight back like he did.

·
Premium Member
6,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What I don't understand is why he wouldn't settle and attempt to sell them rights to Nissan.com for a ridiculous amount of money as obviously all they care about is the rights to that domain.
Cause maybe the "salaried" lawyers for Nissan Motors, thought that they could bully him into submission in court quickly and not have to pay that riduculous sum of money in the first place....

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Cause maybe the "salaried" lawyers for Nissan Motors, thought that they could bully him into submission in court quickly and not have to pay that riduculous sum of money in the first place....
That's probably totally the case. They also probably didn't count on his level of pride or the fact that he could afford to fight back like he has. Now this is just a big pissing match going back and forth.

·
Registered
275 Posts
agreed with Brutal. a large corporation intimidating a smaller businessman will typically win....unless they come up against somebody who is willing to stand up for their rights.

·
Registered
256 Posts
I've been loosely following this ever since I came across the nissan.com domain when attempting to find the Nissan motors site. And there lies the issue Nissan has, they are loosing an untold number of hits (essentially free advertising to interested customers, the best kind) on their website.

I'm glad Nissan Computer is standing up for their right to the owners name. Its totally underhanded, the way Nissan is going about trying to acquire the nissan.com domain. Just buy the guy's domain out, don't waste millions of dollars trying to beat him into submission. The guy said he's spent ~3,000,000 defending the case, so you know nissan has spent double that on their legal team in pursuit. If they had just handed the guy $6,000,000 for the domain They would probably have it already and he would not be out $3,000,000 in defending frivolous lawsuits.

·
Registered
5,589 Posts
But why didnt Nissan Motors just buy him out of the domain like so many other comanies do that want their domain names?
this has been around forever, iirc, at one time, they tried to buy him out and he refused.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I get what the guy is trying to do but seriously, there is an easy fix.
He should have taken the settlement and changed his domain.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts