Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please give me some simple directions on how to adjust my torsion bars? I hate hoe the front of my truck sits lower than the back and I keep hearing people talk about turing up the torsion bars. I know what they are, I just don;t know how to adjust them.

· Registered
Traded my '06 Frontier CC 4x4 V-6 6-speed of 11.5 years and 165k miles for a new '17 F150
404 Posts
t-bars

Start by ensuring both front tires are properly inflated. Then measure the height of the front wheel well opening - write it down. Place a floor jack under the front in a sturdy location that will take a lot of weight off of the t-bars. This will aid in tighening the t-bar adjusters - makes it easier. Turn equal amounts if the truck is setting level when you measured. If not you'll have to compensate. Lower the jack and bounce the front end with your hands on the bumper. Remeasure, stand back and take a look. Readjust until you get where you want.

Hope this helps.

· Registered
113 Posts
Torsion bars

Dont forget to align the front when done. Any change to torsion bars will change current alignment.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.