Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,188 Posts
Just a fyi for newbies make sure the torque wrench isn't binding on the cross member. When torqueing the transmission drain plug. LOL.
I used a torque wrench quite often when I was a Nissan tech. My thinking was that if a person is willing to spend $100/hour to get their car fixed at the dealer, I should at least do on my part the job the right way. Lug nuts I would use the impact with a torque stick and then double-check with a torque wrench once I dropped it down off the lift. I still do the same thing, today, on my vehicle and the few people's vehicles I work on the side; I no longer work in the automotive field. I'm sure I am one of the exceptions, though, unfortunately.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Is there torque specs for the 4 bolts that attach the rear bumper? I can’t find anything for frontiers online. I’m sure it’s not crucial, I tightened them down pretty good, about as tight as they were on there anyways.

·
Premium Member
1,913 Posts
Is there torque specs for the 4 bolts that attach the rear bumper? I can’t find anything for frontiers online. I’m sure it’s not crucial, I tightened them down pretty good, about as tight as they were on there anyways.
All torque specs are in the FSM. You can doenload them at NICOclub.com
Just google nissan frontier fsm

But for the bumper its GoodNtight
Or 150 dry.
But you should use antisieze on all fasteners exposed to elements, so we're back to GoodNtight...

·
Registered
153 Posts
All torque specs are in the FSM. You can doenload them at NICOclub.com
Just google nissan frontier fsm

But for the bumper its GoodNtight
Or 150 dry.
But you should use antisieze on all fasteners exposed to elements, so we're back to GoodNtight...
Thank you.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts