Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello
I am a new member to this club and glade to join the Frontier community. Currently I have a 2006 FrontierSE 4.0 .which I use it for work daily. Recently I have some cylinder misfiring issues.(P0300) . . I purchased the OBD11 BAFX adapter with the Toque Pro app to read the misfire counts of the cylinder(s) that is causing the problem. However it seems it does not has the feature to show the misfire counts for this truck. It works just fine on my 2002 Pathfinder. Looking for solutions or suggestion to this issue. Thanks .

·
Registered
2022 Frontier SV 4X4
411 Posts
Welcome to the club. How many miles on your truck? Have you done any maintenance recently or on the ignition system? Coils are a known failure point, and are quite easy to diagnose if you have the codes for which cylinders are misfiring. Move the coils to a non-misfiring cylinder and see if the code moves.

• Helpful
Reactions: Kaliqo

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for your quick response. It has 173000 miles on it. Based on the P0300 code from my OBDll reader, I went ahead and changed all the spark plugs, coils and fuel injectors and two 02 sensors which i bought from e-bay (after market). The same code came back again afterward. The fuel trim on bank 2 is -25 which i think it means too much fuel is going in on bank 2 and Bank I is +7. All the compression for each cylinder are over 130psi which is within normal range. Therefore I want to pin point the cylinder(s) that is causing the problem before I have to remove everything . My OBDll reader does not have the misfire count feature. For some reason I can not get the Toque Pro app to read the misfire counts neither. Thanks

·
Registered
2022 Frontier SV 4X4
411 Posts
You've done quite a bit already. I know some members (Myself included) have had issues with bargian-brand sensors on these trucks. You might start a new post in the 2nd Gen forums, maybe under drivetrain, and see if the brain-trust there can help you out. As experience, I had a 2007 that failed a couple of coils a little over 200k, and an 02 sensor shortly after. I did go off brand on the o2 sensor and the truck ran worse than before, surged and felt terrible. Bought an OEM and cleared things right up. It does sound like you might be failing a cat though, or have on plugged up, but this is just a guess. I am surprised that you've got the P0300 with no other code though. Again, a post in the 2nd gen specific forums will probably yield much more helpful advice.

·
Registered
2021 Frontier SV CC 4x4; 2018 Frontier SV KC 4x2
988 Posts
“New” doesn’t always mean “good” when buying discounted parts, especially from eBay & Amazon where counterfeits abound. Cheap parts are usually cheap for a reason.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts