Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Dyno tested to be the only electric blower to work. Install is easy, but it's a little pricey ($2500). Should make about half the power of a stillen SC. Would need a tune also.

Doubt that I'll get one..just putting it out there for anyone that wished stillen still made a blower for us.

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I'm thinkin for $2500.00 I'm gonna do a proper turbo and just let it boostie. 1 HP equals 746 watts, how many HP does this thing require to drive it to any sort of actual useful boost? Converting fuel to electricity and then back to mechanical motion again doesn't seem efficient with all the loses it'll produce. Maybe if you had a super-tite engine bay like my 1992 3400 4 Cam Grand Prix and didn't want to deal with all the extra waste heat, perhaps this might actually make some sort of sense. IMHO. Perhaps.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Let me know how much the custom turbo comes out to. I was quoted $7500.. Thats parts, labor and tuning.

This does seem like it's more of a replacement for nitrous rather than a blower.

·
Premium Member
1,743 Posts
Sooooooo.... its a interesting ... thing... more a gimmic right now. It certainly builds proper boost, but its just for drag racing or showing off. The benefit from a turbo or supercharger is its always there... just mash that foot... this is always a power loss till you trigger it. And its Short duration...
I give the designer props for making an electric 'turbo' and Cleetus for trying ir, but its still like the OG tesla Roadster right now...

Few years it may be a real option...

·
Registered
208 Posts
OK...so I got a Con Air Blow Dryer and 2 miles of extension cord. I can go to DD and back. Wow !

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

·
Registered
208 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts