Nissan Frontier Forum banner

21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
These are challenging to remove so as to be reusable.

·
Premium Member
10,231 Posts
These are challenging to remove so as to be reusable.
I dented my tailgate so I removed the spoiler to get the dent removed and the whole gate painted, the spoiler is two pieces and the lid section was not reusable after the tabs broke off. It’s a $100+ part. The bottom section is reusable.

Clint

Reactions: shift_RUSH

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
You can get an aftermarket one Amazon for less than $50

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
349 Posts
I just installed my round cap from Wade today to accommodate the campershell I just picked up. Fits well, only gripe is that it’s basically black and the factory trim is more of a charcoal so it doesn’t fully match.. worth the $ though

·
Registered
10 Posts
Going to pick up a topper tomorrow, I have a 2016. So is it ok to leave the spoiler on or should I take it off before I purchase the topper. I don't really want to trailer this thing home "which is an option" but at the same time if I leave the spoiler on and the rear glass won't shut all the way I don't want it to fly up on me. Should I just remove the spoiler before I head out or leave it on? Any insight would be awesome.
Thanks everyone!

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

When they put my topper on, They popped the spoiler off and installed a new piece that they had in stock. Just a rubber protector. Took them 35 mins to install the whole thing. The spoiler literally took them 1 min to remove. I would save ur energry. Let them do it. This way if they screw something up u can put the blame on them.

·
Registered
349 Posts
When they put my topper on, They popped the spoiler off and installed a new piece that they had in stock. Just a rubber protector. Took them 35 mins to install the whole thing. The spoiler literally took them 1 min to remove. I would save ur energry. Let them do it. This way if they screw something up u can put the blame on them.
How much did they charge you for the new bed cap and the labor to install it? Just curious

·
Registered
181 Posts
My leer tailgate trim installed was $60. And they had the tools and patience to remove the tail intact. I would have broke tabs. Now I have a like new tail that will sit in my basement for 20 years until I throw it away. With the bed extender.

·
Premium Member
5,866 Posts
Hey, if your aero spoiler can actually be functionally re-installed again, someone here will buy it. Price what a new one costs and you'll see what I mean. Folks buy those bed extenders too - as they can be broken down for more convenient shipping...though easier sold in-person.

·
Registered
47 Posts
My leer tailgate trim installed was $60. And they had the tools and patience to remove the tail intact. I would have broke tabs. Now I have a like new tail that will sit in my basement for 20 years until I throw it away. With the bed extender.
Do you live in MA or southern NH by chance? I'd buy the tail spoiler from you

·
Registered
10 Posts
How much did they charge you for the new bed cap and the labor to install it? Just curious
Well I got lucky and got a Used one. That matches perfectly..
It was $1295 used. He gave to me for $1195 They told me about $100 to install
But I came with cash and the whole thing ended up costing $1167
I obviously didnt question the price...
So total price used was $1167 Had a carpeted liner, sliding windows, and tracks for roof racks installed.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Well I got lucky and got a Used one. That matches perfectly..
It was $1295 used. He gave to me for $1195 They told me about $100 to install
But I came with cash and the whole thing ended up costing $1167
I obviously didnt question the price...
So total price used was $1167 Had a carpeted liner, sliding windows, and tracks for roof racks installed.

O and that was with them removing the tailgate lip, and installing whatever needed to be installed on tailgate to make it work.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts