Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Great truck
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know both the first and second gen leaf springs are 2 3/8s wide, so that side of the shackles is the same but what about where the shackles bolts to the truck?

Does anyone have a measurement of the wider side of the second gen shackles?

First gen stuff is just not a ton of options and what shows up is expensive but if the shackles are the same width top and bottom, I get many many more options with more price range.

I just need the top side, where the shackles bolts to the frame. Just inside to inside.

I suppose I should also search the site too, while I wait. I am doing this backward so if I find the answer first, I will post it

·
Registered
Great truck
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
any second gen guys able to measure the width of your stock, or aftermarket, shackles at the same points I measured my first generation?

this will help future guys looking for options for shackles because we will all know if we can use all year shackles instead of specific to our gens.

·
Registered
674 Posts
If I remember I'll get a measurement today after work.

That being said, ours mount differently. They do not attach to a drop down bracket off the frame like those in your photos do. The 2nd gen ones mount through the frame itself. So even the stock shackles, I believe, would be quite a bit longer.

·
Registered
Great truck
669 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm, so if you guys end up being longer, that could than be a lift shackle for first gen guys. this could end up being really useful to people lifting a budget. maybe your stock length will be good for 1" of lift?

·
Registered
2012 CC SV 4x4 LWB
132 Posts
Looks like 2.75" at the front mount and 3.85" at the rear mount (widest point).

Just so you know, I'm in AZ and my driveway is HOT!! You're welcome lol!

·
Registered
674 Posts
Sorry I haven't gotten around to it. Shitty weather the past couple days and new equipment at work means it's been a little long and busy

Reactions: busemans

·
Registered
674 Posts
Top part of shackles outside to outside is 4, 7/8 inches

Inside to inside is right about 4 inches.

Got it to work.

Reactions: busemans
1 - 15 of 15 Posts