Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi 1st Gen Hangout: I recently bought a 2004 XE CC 5ft. that I absolutely love, but she needs some cosmetic TLC that I'd like to tackle on my own in my garage on the weekends. Some projects I'd like to do include removing & repainting the OEM running boards, the wiper cowls, tailgate lettering and possibly even the front bumper. I'm contemplating using Plasti-Dip for these projects as a way to save some $ since replacing these parts with OEM will add up pretty quickly. When I remove the OEM parts (if I end up replacing/repainting instead of Plasti-Dipping) what tools will I need? Would a good start be a socket/wrench set with 10mm-22mm? Anyone have pics of their 1st Gen projects they can share of their Plasti-Dip or spray paint projects that they are happy with the results? Anyone in favor of traditional spray can painting over Plasti-Dip? The ease of clean up & not having to remove the parts is making me lean towards using Plasti-Dip over traditional spray painting, but wanted to get your advice/input before I start these projects.

Thanks in advance for your help!::grin::

·
Premium Member
5,729 Posts
"Tools needed for most DIY projects".
You would need a lot of tools by this statement.
What you describe would be a lot less.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts