Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, i dropped my 2005 frontie off for some work to no avail. my belt likes to squeak maybe 4 times a week in the morning when i start it up, only after it sits overnight. my passanger seat rattles back and forth like a *&&* when i hit any bump known to man <-- there is a TSB for this one. And the dealer seemed to say come on down and pick it up, didnt find anything.

errr

·
Premium Member
9,798 Posts
Tell them you know about the TSB.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I had squeeky drive belts at 5000 miles. I took in my frontier to the dealership at 7am in the morning so the truck wouldn't have a chance to warm up and stop making the sound. They replaced my belts with new ones, now, there's no more squeeks. I think this all depends on how lazy your dealership is because the first one I took it to couldn't reproduce the noise, so no fix.

·
Registered
150 Posts
I know you guys are talking about the 2nd generation frontiers, but my 04 frontier had the same problem. Took it in several times. Replaced the belts five different times. They also replaced a idler pulley bearing. Got tired of going back several times and I finally took it to a different dealership and they found the tensioner pulley was out of alignment with the other pulleys. It got replaced with a whole new set of belts. Problem solved. Again, this is an 04 4cyl, but thought I would share anyways.

·
Registered
1,353 Posts
My belt squeaked three times on different days. I took it down to my dealer and they replaced the belt even though it wasn't squeaking the day I brought it there. Also, they are getting me a new sunvisor since it sags a little.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Had the same problem, they could not reproduce! Then went to florida and the squeaking would not stop and they replaced the tensioner, belt, got a free balance and would have gotten an alignment but they had to order some parts for that and I have to leave.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts