Nissan Frontier Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,

Been searching the web for a tonneau for an '05 Crew Cab that will work with the bed extender. Haven't had too much luck so far. Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Kevin

·
Registered
225 Posts
I have the truxedo truxport tonneau with a bed extender for the same model truck. I haven't tried to slide the bed extender around, but it looks like there is enough clearence, since the clamps are above the railing for it.

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
I have the Extang Trifecta, and it works with the bed extender. I had to add a couple washers to the two knobs of the extender so they clear the mounting clamps, but other than that it works fine!

4 stainless steel washers: $1.50, a tonneau that works with the utilitrack system: Priceless!

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
05_NISMO_4X4 said:
I have the Extang Trifecta, and it works with the bed extender. I had to add a couple washers to the two knobs of the extender so they clear the mounting clamps, but other than that it works fine!

4 stainless steel washers: $1.50, a tonneau that works with the utilitrack system: Priceless!
Ha! That IS Priceless!! I'm glad to hear that the bed extender works with the Trifecta. I just ordered the extender through Brian at yournissanparts.com, and I was worried it wouldn't work together!! I guess I'll be going to Home Depot for a couple of washers!! :lol:

·
Registered
79 Posts
The Nissan hard tonneau works with the bed extender and the Utilitrak but it could use a couple washer under the knobs too. Just haven't done it yet.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Problem is with the Trifecta installed, you can't pivot the bed extender to get it to sit against the back of the bed due to the wheel wells.

I found this out last night after installing the Trifecta.

Bummer...

-Mario

·
Registered
192 Posts
I had Bak-Flip HD tonneau on my 10 LE CC 4x4 and did not have any problems with the bed extender, I don't know about the 2005. But I can slide the bed extender anywhere from front to back without any problems.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I had Bak-Flip HD tonneau on my 10 LE CC 4x4 and did not have any problems with the bed extender, I don't know about the 2005. But I can slide the bed extender anywhere from front to back without any problems.
I'm thinking the Bak-Flip's 3rd section could flip up as well making it possible.

Not so with the Trifecta.

I can still have the bed extender in, just can't pivot out of the way.

I thought I remember reading somewhere that someone modded the bed extender bracket or extender itself to work...

-Mario

·
Super Moderator
12,703 Posts
I have the Extang EZ-tilt and it works just fine with the bed extender.
(I did have to modify the clamps to mount it, but after that everything clears and works perfect)
The beauty of this bed cover is that it comes of in one piece in seconds (or rolls up like a traditional soft cover).

·
Registered
192 Posts
I'm thinking the Bak-Flip's 3rd section could flip up as well making it possible.

Not so with the Trifecta.

I can still have the bed extender in, just can't pivot out of the way.

I thought I remember reading somewhere that someone modded the bed extender bracket or extender itself to work...

-Mario
Yes, third section flip upward the cab and out off the way for the whole bed usage, in-order to pivot the bed extender out of the way, depend on where you you have the bed extender sit, if you got it all the way up front, you may have to open the 3rd section, if it near the tailgate you only need 1st or maybe 2nd section open to pivot it out of the way, I alway had my bed extender sit all the way up front, because I like more open in the back, I slide it back when I need it. Only one problem is, the middle rail clamp will rub on the bed extender brackets when sliding passing it toward the rear, you may have to loosen the knob alot, that the only, or mod the clamp with dremel by grinding away some material to give more clearance, I were going to have both of the bed extender brackets mill or the clamp mill down at work a little, but I'm too lazy to take them apart, and it ain't a big of a deal when they rub abit. Other than that, I'm very happy with the appearance/low profile look and quality of the Bakflip HD that I had.

·
Registered
44 Posts
My Extang Trifecta works perfectly with the bed ext provided you use the washer trick. To shove the extender all the way back, I just fold the middle and last section, pivot the extender and slide it back.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I haven't needed the washer's, only a slight rub.

Just can't flip the extender against the cab...

-Mario

1 - 13 of 13 Posts