Nissan Frontier Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This past weekend I became a proud first-time owner of a pickup. I am now searching for a tonneau cover. My primary concern is hiding/protecting valuables. I've seen mention of KCovers and BAKflip. Any of you out there extremely happy or unhappy with your covers? Anyone have a soft roll-up or other soft top that provides reasonable security? I want easy access to the stuff in my bed and don't want/can't spend a ton of $. I am looking at under $600.

TIA.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I bought a Torza Tonneau right from the Nissan dealership and it was approx $500 CDN. I,m very happy with it and it installs and removes in minutes. Plus with the locking tailgate there is no access to the contents of the bed.

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
I just picked up the Extang Trifecta for my truck.

http://www.extang.com/docs/trifecta.html

I got it through 4wheelonline.com for only $315 shipped. It is a trifolding soft top with no velcro or snaps. The top is held down by the to lip of the bed and there is no drilling to get it installed. It literally installs in about 15-30 mins. I think it is pretty secure especially with the locking tailgate because the only way to get the top off is to open the tailgate.

I'm personally very happy with it! 8) Its easy to install (by one person), remove and store, plus it is somewhat secure and it looks good. There are a few other guys here that have the same top and seem to be quite pleased with it as well.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Agree with stormNISMO.

Had mine about 3 months and it's worked very well for me sofar. It does have 4 brackets that attach under the bed rails. Not sure if it would interfere with the bed extender, I don't have one. You can attach toolboxes to the utili-track system if you need more security of your stuff, I've done it with 2 boxes on each side and there's a writeup by Binford about one he did up front.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Tuz said:
Thanks for the posts. Does the Extang or Torza interfere with the utili-tracs or bed rails?
With my Torza the under bed mounts actually utilize the utili-trak but doesn't interfere with the clamps being moved around. It was actually built for Nissan by Torza and has the Nissan logo on it.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Tuz,

I posted some pics of my hardcover in both the gallery and the exterior mod forum. I provided some information there that sound give you some help.

evmac

·
MOD & Token MINI Owner
2,296 Posts
I just installed my bed extender and there is very little obstruction by the Extang Trifecta. I'm very happy with the out come I thought the cover would almost definatly interfere. But I took Paul's(05_NISMO_4X4) advice about the washers and it works perfectly!! 8)

·
Registered
391 Posts
Hi, I have the Kcover(Advance folding cover). I'ts on a Colorado instead of a Frontier but should be the same. I chose it over the fold-a-cover because you didn't NEED to lock it. FIrst it's not water proof. the rubber over the middle hinge ends about 3 inches from the edge on both sides so if it rains, things get wet. Second Since I took it off regularly the taped on seals are coming off. I have lost the two end pieces already. Third if you have a crew cab you may really miss the front 18 inches or so that you the cover covers when fully open, I do. I'm about to sell my Colorado and possibly pick up a Frontier so I am looking into the Bakflip. Looks like a better product to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts