Nissan Frontier Forum banner

41 - 45 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
I prefer value over "quality", especially when in reality there's not that much difference in quality. I can go through almost 6 TruXedos for the cost of one of those. And TruXedo goes completely out of the way in an instant.
Piece of mind also comes at a cost - I’ll never have worry about anyone cutting or tearing into my cover. It’s aluminum and will never rust. I’ve also installed the built in toolboxes so have storage space up and out of the way of the bed space where I can keep tools, straps, etc. 9 times out of 10 if I have something that one would “typically need the bed for” I could either flip one of the panels and make it work or load the items on top of the panel since they’re rated for a good amount of weight - which I have a hard time believing any other cover on the market can match.

to each his own.

·
Registered
2000 frontier 2 wd
17 Posts
Hello,

I'm seeking some feedback on the various tonneau covers out there. I am a fan of the Bak Revolver 4

I'm not looking to have to drill the bed to mount one and it has the have the ability to lock. Just wanted to see what the consensus was since most of the posts I seen on here were pretty dated. I liked the paragon but I've head they can be a bit troublesome, and I really don't want to drill the bed for it. I usually need to use the entire bed so the ease of removing the system is pretty important too (hence the one I am considering above). Thanks!
I always wanted a locking fiberglass cover until I saw the cost !!
I opted for a lund tri-fold its vinyl and aluminum .
to open it you open the tailgate and flip the release catches you could always put a bolt and locknut through the provided hole in the catch release and you wouldn't be able to flip the release open
BUT if someone wanted to they could always cut the vinyl and reach in ,so its a catch-22 .
If you want a safe locking cover its over 1K$ but if you park in a safe area vinyl is fine and when you are concerned put the expensive stuff in the cab area .
another option is one of those shallow locking tool boxes under a vinyl taneau cover

·
Registered
Great truck
672 Posts
I just like it to keep stuff from blowing out while driving. I don't "need" a cover, it's just nice to not worry about stuff blowing out on the highway when I go to the junkyard.

Our good junkyard is 2 hours away

·
Registered
461 Posts
I just like it to keep stuff from blowing out while driving. I don't "need" a cover, it's just nice to not worry about stuff blowing out on the highway when I go to the junkyard.

Our good junkyard is 2 hours away
I find a waste bag hanging off the shifter to be effective against stuff blowing out of my bed! ;-)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
I appreciate all of the feedback, I definitely have some points to consider based on all of your input. Thanks!

41 - 45 of 45 Posts